Navigation based on lidar is the most advanced of all existing types. Robot vacuum cleaners equipped with an LDS sensor are the most popular and in demand on the market. It is not surprising, because devices with a “turret” on the case show the best results when communicating with the external environment: they quickly scan the space, analyzing the room and allowing the device to accurately navigate in the apartment. In addition, vacuum cleaners with lidar can function even in dark rooms. We have compiled a rating of the most popular models of robotic vacuum cleaners with a laser rangefinder today.
The first place in our rating was shared by two robotic vacuum cleaners at once, combining the quality of premium models and an affordable price tag.
Okami U 100 Laser
One of the most popular models on the market of robotic vacuum cleaners is the most “pumped” version of the U-series of the Okami brand. By purchasing Okami U100 Laser, you become a happy owner of a premium segment device. Let’s analyze in detail all the advantages of this gadget:
- Japanese filling, namely the NIDEC motor, which allows you to increase the suction power up to 2500 Pa, which is suitable for cleaning any type of floor covering, even carpet.
- Instant scanning of space and quick construction of a map of the room.
- Intuitive interface of the official application, which gives access to many functions, for example, it allows you to adjust the degree of wetting of a microfiber cloth.
- The ability to divide the room into areas and zone cleaning. To this function is added the ability to limit the cleaning area. The robot cleaner will bypass unwanted areas marked on the app.
- Wet cleaning, not inferior in quality to manual mopping. The Y-shaped trajectory of the route of the vacuum cleaner during wet cleaning imitates hand movements, which allows you to effectively wash hard floors. Never before has wet cleaning been so perfect. An important addition: the water container also has a compartment for dry litter, which allows you to combine two types of cleaning at once. The volume of the water tank is 360 ml, which is several times larger than that of competitors.
- The most complete set, the presence of additional elements. If desired, you can purchase an extended, optimal or absolute set.
- You can purchase the Okami U100+ version, which additionally includes a UV lamp for surface disinfection.
- It is possible to choose a convenient warranty plan option: standard, comfort or premium. Each plan comes with a specific device maintenance and warranty period. For example, Premium offers a 30 month warranty and up to 3 days of service.
Xbot L7 Pro
The next breakthrough of 2020 is the Xbot L7 Pro robot vacuum cleaner with a self-cleaning function. The model is one of the best in the segment of premium robot vacuum cleaners. Let’s highlight the main advantages of the robot:
- We will tell you in more detail what the concept of “robot vacuum cleaner with self-cleaning” means. After cleaning, the robot vacuum cleaner returns to the docking station, where it empties the contents of its dust container. The accumulator is a charging station that compresses dust and litter, allowing you to store garbage from about 20-25 cleaning cycles. Such a system saves the user time, allowing him to less often service the device.
- The navigation of the device based on lidar allows you to instantly analyze the room and scan the objects in it.
- Precise construction of a map of the premises and the ability to save several cleaning plans at once.
- The presence of the function of wet cleaning, which can be combined with dry cleaning of the room.
- High suction power up to 2700 Pa. In addition, the vacuum cleaner detects carpeted floors and automatically increases power when moving on them.
- A convenient application through which it is easy to manage the device.
Ecovacs Deebot Ozmo Teight AIVI
The second place is deservedly occupied by a model with similar characteristics, but with a less attractive price – 650 $. What does the manufacturer offer for such money?
- Device navigation based on an LDS sensor and an optical camera, which allows the robot to correctly build its route of movement.
- Accurate construction of maps of the territory and their storage in the memory of the device.
- Combined cleaning: dry and wet.
- The volume of the dust collector is less than that of the first two models (600 ml each) and is 420 ml.
- The ability to divide the territory into cleaning zones, as well as limit the space, exposing areas that are undesirable for cleaning.
- Carpet recognition function, where the robot cleaner automatically increases the suction power when climbing on them.
- Many operating modes that are convenient to configure through the official mobile application.
iBoto Smart L920W Aqua
Perhaps the most budget version of a robot vacuum cleaner that navigates based on lidar is 200-250$. Can quality be cheap?
- Availability of dry and wet cleaning.
- Accurate construction of a map of the territory and the allocation of restricted areas on it.
- Suction power up to 1500 Pa. The possibility of its regulation in the mobile application.
- Convenient official application that allows you to quickly start the device and manage the cleaning process.
- 450 ml dust container and 300 ml wet cleaning tank.
The Chinese manufacturer iLife creates inexpensive, but functionally interesting models. Consider the advantages of one of them:
- Navigation of the device is carried out on the basis of lidar.
- Combined type of cleaning: dry with wet. The volume of the dust container is 450 ml. The volume of the water tank is 350 ml, it also contains a compartment for dry waste, adding + 100 ml to the main tank.
- Competent construction of a map of the premises and the ability to highlight areas prohibited for cleaning on it.
- Convenient device management through the official application, in which the user can control the suction power and regulate the flow of liquid to the microfiber.
Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Cleaner 1S
One of the most popular and at the same time affordable robot vacuum cleaners from the Chinese company Xiaomi. What influenced the fame of Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Cleaner 1S?
- The presence of a leader responsible for building a map of the room, and an optical camera that allows you to better navigate in space.
- The robot vacuum cleaner performs only dry cleaning, wet wiping floors is not provided by the manufacturer.
- The ability to limit cleaning areas in the mobile application.
- Increased suction power, now reaching 2000 Pa.
- High-quality cleaning of large premises, the robot is able to clean an area of up to 250 square meters. meters per charge.