To purify the air in the room, it is not necessary to buy expensive devices – you can make them yourself. To do this, it is enough to have simple information on how to make an air purifier with your own hands. This is especially true for allergy sufferers and people who prefer to smoke in the room, as well as in areas with high gas content. Which air purifier to buy for asthma and allergies, read here.
How does an air purifier work?
Thanks to the air purifier, dust particles, allergens, unpleasant odors and other harmful substances are eliminated from the air masses, as a result of which a person inhales pure oxygen. You can simply ventilate the apartment, but cleaning devices are able to draw in the smallest particles and neutralize them. There are many such devices – both factory-made and home-made, but the principle of functionality is the same for everyone:
- suction of polluted air into the unit;
- cleaning by means of a filter (activated carbon, water, electrostatics, etc.);
- blowing out a purified air stream.
Today on sale you can find the most complex devices equipped with several types of filtration at the same time. This is a coarse filter (collects large particles), an ionizer (saturates the flow with ions that are negatively charged), a UV emitter (destroys bacteria), water (absorbs all dirt). About the 15 best models of humidifiers, read the following article.
What tools and materials will be needed?
Air purifiers are designed for cleaning rooms with a wet and dry environment, which must be taken into account when choosing a model. There are home-made devices that absorb unpleasant odors (tobacco, etc.) – they are based on the use of ordinary activated carbon. Depending on the type of air purifier, prepare materials and tools.
For dry room:
- plastic container with a lid at least 20 cm deep;
- fan with low power (you can use an old computer cooler);
- purified water;
- gauze cut or napkins, microfiber, thick fabric;
- batteries or other power source;
- cutting tool.
For a room with high humidity:
- a similar plastic container;
- low or medium power fan (blades should rotate slowly);
- moisture absorber (salt, etc.);
- power supply for the cooler;
- cotton wool and gauze;
- universal glue or adhesive tape;
For an appliance with a charcoal filter:
- sewer pipe 1 m long, 20×21 cm in diameter;
- sewer pipe 1 m long, 15×16 cm in diameter;
- damping element at 21 and 16 cm;
- one adapter for ventilation purposes – 15×20 cm;
- mesh painting;
- activated carbon or regular (AP-B brand) fraction 5.5 mm – about 2 kg;
- a piece of agrofibre;
- electric drill;
- kapron thread;
- the needle is large.
Step-by-step instructions for making an air cleaner
Before you start making an air purifier with your own hands, determine the level of humidity in the room, since at high a dry absorber is used, at low, on the contrary, water. The normal level of humidity for the human body varies from 40 to 60%.
For dry rooms
If the air in the room is too dry, it is humidified. Otherwise, the general well-being of family members worsens, which affects the immune system. To a large extent, the skin and mucous membranes suffer – they dry out and become irritated. Read more about how humidifiers affect the human body.
Instructions for the production of an air cleaner for a dry room:
How to make a humidifier with your own hands is described in detail in this video:
For wet rooms
A high level of humidity has a negative effect on human health (delays the healing process of rotting wounds). For the room itself, a high level of moisture is a dangerous phenomenon. Why:
- mold, fungus develops, bacteria spread, the spores of which settle on the human lungs;
- wooden furniture deteriorates;
- corroded metal;
- wallpaper peels off, etc.
An air purifier designed for a humid room not only destroys bacteria, but also dries the air, normalizing the level of humidity.
- make 2 holes in the lid of the container, as for an air cleaner for dry rooms;
- set the fan to 5V;
- place a moisture absorber on the bottom of the container to more than half the height of the container;
- attach a filter made of gauze and cotton wool to another hole with adhesive tape or glue (using the standard method);
- connect the fan to the power supply and the mains.
Do not install a fan with high power, as the moisture-absorbing dry material will fly apart. Thus, this air purifier performs two main functions at the same time – it purifies the air through a gauze filter and absorbs moisture through bulk raw materials.
What is used as a moisture absorber:
- The most accessible, cheap and primitive remedy is rock salt. Before use, it is recommended to warm it in the oven for 1-2 hours, which increases the level of absorption.
- silica gel. It is a non-toxic raw material, as it consists of silicon dioxide. It is a spherical free-flowing mixture.
- Silica gel indicator. The advantage of the product is that it is not necessary to check the moisture level of the substance. If the balls have a blue tint, they are dry, when filled with water, they turn pink. This is an expensive tool, but it can be used repeatedly. To restore, pink crystals are placed in a container and placed in a microwave oven, turning on the minimum power. Hold for 6-8 minutes. Let cool and place back in container.
Appliance with charcoal filter
Activated charcoal is an absorbent that removes toxic substances from the human body and the air. In addition, it does an excellent job of removing dust particles and unpleasant odors. It can be nicotine smoke, burning, paint, solvents, dampness, etc.
At home, you can make a universal design that copes with large volumes of pollution and odors. Step-by-step instruction:
- take a thicker pipe (20×21 cm), cut it so that 77 cm remain (this is the outer part);
- do the same with the inner pipe (15×16 cm), cutting to 75 cm;
- sharpen all burrs so that the cut points are not sharp;
- now cut the edging on the inner pipe, so that the plug will fit snugly;
- around the entire perimeter of the smaller pipe, drill holes with a diameter of 10 mm;
- do the same with the outer pipe, changing the diameter of the drill to 30 mm;
- no need to throw out the circles left after drilling the holes (they can be used for spacers);
- take agrofibre, wrap it around a large tube;
- sew the fabric with nylon thread;
- wrap each pipe with a masking net, stitching it with a nylon thread too;
- fix with clamps;
- sheathe the inner pipe after fitting with a mesh with agrofiber;
- thus, the outer part is first covered with agrofibre, and then with a mesh, and the inner part is vice versa;
- cut off all protruding elements with a knife, wire cutters, scissors or a blade;
- using aluminum tape, fix the edges of the pipes;
- put a small pipe in the plug with the cut side exactly in the center, using circles;
- fix with sealant;
- now insert the inner tube into the outer;
- fill the distance between them with coal;
- insert an adapter from above, which acts as a plug for the space between the tubes, which needs to be fixed with glue.
After completion of work, the air cleaner is installed in the supply ventilation line or duct fan, due to which the air flow is sucked into the main pipe and removed from the room.
Follow simple safety rules:
- first check the serviceability of sockets, plugs, fan, power supply;
- during the operation of the system, listen to the sounds – there should be no increased noise, crackling and the like, which indicates an incorrect supply of clean air;
- change filter elements every 2-4 days, depending on the degree of contamination;
- do not leave a device made at home unattended – when leaving the house or going to bed, unplug it from the power supply.
Experts recommend paying attention to the following aspects:
- Before you make your own cleaner, be sure to check the humidity level in the room. For this, a hygrometer is used.
- Choose the correct power of the ventilated device. To serve a space of 20 sq. m enough 5-15 watts.
- Change water and moisture absorbers frequently.
- Use only purified or distilled water.
- If the air in the apartment is too dry, additionally use other humidification methods – leave water in containers open, evaporate the liquid, install an aquarium with fish or an artificial fountain.
- If the humidity is high, turn on floor or table fans, open windows in dry weather. Turn on heaters.
DIY air purifier (video instruction)
You can see clearly one of the options for making an air purifier with your own hands in the video below:
Carefully study the principle of operation, decide on the type of construction, prepare materials and tools, follow the step-by-step instructions. Only in this way, you will be able to independently produce a high-quality air purifier.
The purifier is an advanced cooler that does not need to be replenished with water, as it works with running water. Let’s find out how these devices work, how they differ from coolers, and how to choose the right model for home and office.
What is a purifier and why is it needed?
Purifiers are designed for filtering, heating and cooling tap water. The devices work in conjunction with water supply networks, so users can have access to clean drinking water at any time.
Principle of operation
In purifiers, there are usually several filters at once, which purify water from the whole complex of contaminants – large and small fractions, the smallest particles and bacteria. At the same time, the maximum amount of useful substances is retained in the water.
How the purifier works:
- The device is connected to the water supply using a plastic tube with a diameter of 6 mm – it is pulled along the plinth or false ceiling. In units with RO membranes, an additional drain tube is required.
- Water from the plumbing system enters the filter system.
- Purified water enters the clean water tank – it is located in the upper part of the device, under the top cover. From there it flows into the hot and cold water tanks.
Types of purifiers
There are several types of purifiers, differing in the principle of purification and the quality of the water at the outlet.
Types of devices:
- Without filtration. Such devices can be installed in homes/offices where a drinking water purification system is provided. Such purifiers cool and heat water, make ice for cocktails.
- Flow-through with UF membrane. The most suitable option for consumers. Purifies moderately contaminated water. The device is connected only to the water supply and cartridges are selected taking into account the quality of the water. You can pick up, for example, filters for too hard or ferruginous water.
- Accumulative with RO membrane. It is used to clean heavily contaminated fluid, including well fluid. This is the most expensive option, but it provides the perfect cleaning. The device is connected to the water supply and drained into the sewer.
Scope of application
Purifiers can be installed wherever there is running water and the need for clean drinking water. Such devices are convenient both at work and at home. An uninterrupted supply of high-quality water makes life more comfortable and eliminates the need to waste time fussing with bottles and filling the cooler.
Purifiers are installed in offices and residential apartments / houses. Devices can be placed in any convenient place, and not just near the source. They are useful wherever you need clean water for drinking, tea or coffee.
Pros and cons of the device
The main advantage of purifiers and their advantage over coolers in providing drinking needs in a home or office is that you don’t need containers, you don’t have to lift bottles and worry about the quality of bottled water.
What other advantages do purifiers have:
- savings on the purchase of water reaches 70%;
- constant access to water (with uninterrupted operation of the water supply network);
- high-quality water – without microplastics;
- absence of bacteria – after installing the device there is no risk of their entry, since you do not have to open anything and touch it with your hands like in a cooler;
- compactness and stylish design – devices take up less space than coolers, and at the same time look organic;
- the cover of the device can be used as a stand for not very heavy objects;
- convenient to use – the taps are located higher than those of coolers, you do not have to bend down for water;
- the source of the water is known – as opposed to bottled water.
- High price. Purifiers are more expensive than coolers, as they have a storage tank and a filtration system.
- Maintenance required – filter change. With self-replacement, you have to follow the deadlines, their violation leads to a deterioration in water quality.
- Fixed connection and must have a source of running water.
How to use a purifier?
Purifiers are not difficult to use. The user can at any time pour water into a cup or any other container – cold or hot. To do this, press the desired button.
- cold – +3…+15 °C;
- hot – +70…+90°C.
In order for the device to work properly, it is necessary to follow the recommendations set out in the instructions, as well as the operating rules:
- the temperature in the room where the purifiers are located should not exceed + 30 ° C;
- the device must be grounded;
- it is necessary to ensure the stability of the voltage in the network;
- moisture and dampness are contraindicated for the device.
What is more profitable: a purifier or a cooler?
Purifiers have the same functions as conventional coolers. They heat and cool water, may have an ice maker, scalding and leak protection, a teapot, etc. New devices differ from coolers with a filtering system built into the bottom of the device.
The purifier uses tap water, while the cooler uses bottled water. But the operation of both devices is associated with certain costs. To understand which device is more profitable, let’s make a calculation.
Suppose we have an office with 10 employees. Let’s calculate how much 1 liter of purified water will cost, and what will be the annual costs when using a cooler and purifier.
- water consumers – 10 people;
- the norm of drinking per person per day – 1 liter;
- the number of working days in a month is 21 days.
For a month / year, 210 liters / 2.50$ liters of water or 11/132 bottles of 19 liters are drunk.
The question is what to choose, a cooler for 6.50 $. or purifier for 14.50 $.
- Cooler costs: 6.50 $ + 37.50 $. (water) = 440 $ / year. The cost of 1 liter of water = approximately 17.6 rubles. In the second year, 1 liter will cost 15 rubles, since the cost of the cooler will no longer be taken into account.
- Purifier costs: 14.50 $ + 70 $. (maintenance) + 7.30 $. (water) = 28.80 $ / year. The cost of 1 liter of water = approximately 11.5 rubles. in the second year of use, water will cost less than 3 rubles. for 1 liter
Despite the fact that the purifier is twice as expensive as the cooler, its use allows you to save, in the first year – one and a half times, in the second year – five times.
Tips for choosing a purifier
Given the abundance of purifier models, their fundamental differences and functionality, it is not surprising that an unprepared consumer can make a mistake and purchase an inappropriate model. Let’s figure out what points to pay attention to when choosing a device.
Decide in advance where the apparatus for purifying running water will stand. Like coolers, purifiers can stand on the floor or on a stand – there are floor and desktop models.
Please note that the size and type of installation of the device does not affect the quality of water treatment. Select these parameters, focusing on the interior of the apartment or office.
Number of consumers
If you take into account the number of people who will drink purified water, you will neither have to pay for the excessive performance of the device, nor stand in line – the last point is more about offices where many people work.
What is useful to know about the performance of water purification devices:
- Inexpensive versions are able to serve teams of up to 10-12 people. 1 liter of cold and hot water is placed in the tanks – this is enough for 2-3 glasses.
- Water purification rate – 2 liters per minute. It’s pretty fast, so no matter how many users there are, they won’t have to wait to get a drink. Only the queue can become a problem, and it is this moment that must be taken into account.
- In addition to budget models for 10 users, manufacturers offer options designed for teams from 20 to 50 people (step – 10). The volume of tanks is from 2 to 7 liters, respectively.
When choosing a device, please note that approximately 50% of the hot water tank volume can be drained at a time.
Goal: cooling or saving
There are devices of compressor or electronic type. When choosing a model, you should take into account the difference in their capabilities.
Features of cooling depending on the type of purifier:
- Compressor. They work like refrigerators, cooling water to +8…+10°C regardless of the room temperature. The disadvantages of compressor models are noise, vertical transportation/storage and high cost.
This type of machine is recommended for use in regions/rooms where heat and high temperatures are typical.
- Electronic. They are cheaper than the previous ones, and cool water only up to +12…+15°C. This option is suitable for cool regions and rooms with air conditioning.
Water management systems
Among the purifiers there are models with mechanical and electrical mechanisms for turning off the water.
Features of floor systems:
- Mechanical. It has a simple design and the ability to work autonomously. Minus – dependence on the pressure in the water supply. The maximum limit is up to 5-6 atmospheres. If necessary, you need to purchase a reducer that regulates the flow of water.
- Electric. She is not afraid of pressure surges. But the device must be connected to the mains at all times. This system is more sensitive to contamination and may fail if not properly maintained.
According to the norms, the pressure of water in water pipes should not exceed 6 atmospheres. But with a high number of storeys, it is necessary to bring the pressure at the inlet to 9 atmospheres or more. Because of this, there is a risk of water hammer on the first floors.
The quality of water in the tap
Water quality affects the choice of filtration type – ultra or reverse osmosis (more on them below). To understand what kind of water flows from water pipes, just look at the degree of its transparency.
If the water in the tap is yellowish, and the kettle is covered with scale in a matter of weeks, then the water is of very poor quality, ultrafiltration is needed. If in doubt, take samples for laboratory analysis.
Purifiers usually use a four-stage filtration system. But there are also systems of 6 steps. Distinguish between ultrafiltration and reverse osmosis. In the first there is an ultrafine filtration – UF filter, in the second – a reverse osmosis membrane.
- SED filter or sediment. He always comes first. Filled with foamed polypropylene and performs primary water purification. Indispensable in plumbing systems made of metal pipes.
- PRE filter. The filler is activated carbon. Copes with organochlorine compounds, retains free chlorine, heavy metals and their impurities, phenols, pesticides, herbicides, oil breakdown products, organic and inorganic compounds.
- POST (post carbon). Filled with compressed activated carbon. It purifies water from the same contaminants as the PRE-filter, but when completely contaminated, it does not let water through.
These filters are in any cleaning system. Ultrafiltration and reverse osmosis systems differ from each other in such filters:
- UF ultrafiltration membrane. Thin hollow tubes pass water through microscopic pores. Provide high cleaning, including from viruses and bacteria.
- RO reverse osmosis membrane. It is a thin polymer film deposited on a water-permeable substrate.
Complete set and installation
The set depends on the manufacturer. If desired, the user can purchase the necessary components, for example, a holder for glasses or an aquastop system that prevents leaks.
The basic kit includes:
- plastic tube 2 m long and 6 mm in diameter;
- tee for connecting to the water supply;
- with reverse osmosis – drainage wiring.
It is recommended to entrust the installation of the purifier to specialized companies.
- the device is placed on a flat and hard horizontal surface;
- between the purifier and the wall or other objects, there must be at least 15 cm.
Installation work schedule:
- Masters determine the place of a possible tie-in into a water pipe. Most often, the connection is made in the area of fixing the flexible tubes on the washbasins.
- If there is a reverse osmosis membrane, drain wiring is connected.
- Shut off the water with a shut-off valve and, having disconnected the high-pressure hose (flexible hose) from it, put the adapter. The maximum pressure in the hose is up to 2.5 atmospheres. If it is larger, then first put the gearbox, and then the adapter.
- A polyethylene pipeline is led to the apparatus, which is connected to the connector located on the rear wall of the apparatus.
- Open a faucet with cold water and check the connections for strength – for leaks.
As soon as the commissioning of the purifier is completed, you can immediately use it.
Purifiers require annual maintenance (TO). It can be ordered from the appropriate service center.
- replacement of cartridges (about once every six months);
- control settings / modes;
- checking heating and cooling systems;
- tank disinfection;
- removal of deposits (scale) with a special solution.
In addition to professional maintenance, the device requires regular maintenance, which the user performs on his own.
- Unplug the machine. Do not allow water to get on the elements of the device during cleaning. After disinfecting, wipe surfaces dry.
- Every week, wipe all external surfaces of the machine and the reservoir with a tissueEvery day, wipe the faucets with napkins, first wet, then dry. To remove dust and fingerprints, use harmless detergents.
- Change filter cartridges in time. The frequency of changing mechanical and carbon filters – every 3-6 months, ultrafiltration – every 6-12 months, reverse osmosis – once a year.
If the device is not used for a long time, it must be turned off and the remaining water must be drained, the body must be wiped and covered with a film to protect it from dust and moisture.
Popular models of purifiers
Today, manufacturers offer purifiers in different price categories and with different capabilities. Consider several popular floor models, and compare their characteristics.
This is a Korean made model. It is difficult to find a device thinner than this one. It has a sleek design and good build quality.
The Coway CHP06 has hot water scald protection. If you do not press the button located on the faucet, water will not flow even if the lever is pressed. There is an indication of the water temperature.
ECOTRONIC M11-U4L SILVER
Another floor model from the South Korean manufacturer Ecotronic. He has a silver body, assembled from stainless steel and chrome elements.
A 4-stage filtration system allows you to purify water to the state of natural drinking water. There is water hammer protection. The water is turned on by pressing the keys.
The reliable device for purification of drinking water. It has a stylish design and simple controls. An ultrafiltration membrane was installed. The principle of independent shutdown of heating and cooling by toggle switches is used. Faucets “push cup” installed.
Comparative table of characteristics of purifiers:
|ECOTRONIC M11-U4L SILVER
|Number of cleaning stages
|3 + uv lamp
|Volume of cold/hot/room temperature water, l
|Dimensions (WxDxH), mm
|Estimated number of users, people
|Price, thousand rubles
Purifiers, economical and functional, deserve the closest attention of consumers. These devices make it possible to radically solve the problem of providing drinking water, hot and cold, to a different number of consumers – up to 60.
Installing a dishwasher is easy.
But even in this simple algorithm there are a lot of nuances that need to be taken into account.
Where is it better to put the dishwasher, how to calculate the distance, what tools are needed and how to do it?
How to install, connect and configure a dishwasher with your own hands?
Currently, there are a large number of dishwashers on the market, which differ in both quality and price.
But even the highest quality equipment can fail if it is installed incorrectly..
Therefore, it will not be superfluous to know what steps to take before installing the dishwasher. So, how do you properly install a dishwasher?
To begin with, it is necessary to determine the place of its installation, provide access to connected communications and make the first configuration before starting.
How to choose the right place for your dishwasher
To install a dishwasher, you need to know where this equipment will stand.
In the kitchen, you need to take into account various factors, including the location of communications.
It is not possible to build it into any part of the kitchen, the location in height, the proximity of communications, as well as proximity to other large kitchen appliances are important. The easiest option would be a place in the cabinet or under the countertop.
We list the main points that must be taken into account:
- Proximity of communications: next to the place there should be a 220 V socket, a water supply, as well as a drain. The PMM drain hose should not be longer than 1.5 m, otherwise the load on the pumps will be increased, which may cause its failure.
- It is not recommended to place PMM near heat sources. This will negatively affect the operation and durability of the machine itself. For example, it’s definitely a bad idea to be next to an old-style electric stove – it gets very hot. But with most modern stoves, such problems will not arise – they have minimal heating of the outer surface of the case, so you need to look at the situation.
- Neighborhood with a washing machine is possible only in certain niches. You can’t put them close: the vibration from the washing machine can break fragile dishes (for example, crystal, glass objects) and generally harm the PMM.
- You should not plan placement from the very edge of the kitchen set. Full-height PMM models (for example, Bosch 60 cm) are built just under the countertop, so then their side surface will have to be covered with something additional, and this will entail extra costs.
- Accordingly, the ideal place for a built-in or freestanding (including desktop) dishwasher is to the left or right of the kitchen sink, where all communications will be available at once.
Connection to PMM communications
A dishwasher from the brands Bosch (Bosch), Electrolux (Electrolux), Beko (Beko), Hotpoint Ariston (Hotpoint Ariston), Midea (Medea), Siemens (Siemens), Hansa (Hansa) is a great helper in the house. But buying this equipment is only half the battle.
Next, you will need to connect the dishwasher to the water supply and sewerage, as well as to the mains. The cost of such work, especially in the world, is quite high. Therefore, if you have the skills, it makes sense to do them yourself.
Before installing the dishwasher in place, it is better to check once again the availability of communications and the correct length of hoses and power cord.
Connecting a dishwasher is a business that requires skills in plumbing work. And the more experience you have in this kind of work, the better. You must understand that the durability and trouble-free operation of your dishwasher depends on the quality of installation.
Before starting work, be sure to check that you have all the necessary tools and fixtures.
In order to properly connect the dishwasher, in addition to a screwdriver and pliers, you may need a drill, a level, and also:
- Epoxy adhesive
- siphon with an additional branch;
- tee tap brass or bronze, but not silumin;
- wire cutters;
- earthed socket.
- Adjustable wrench – needed to install a tee on a water supply for connection. PMM if it’s not already
- Phillips screwdriver – for hanging the facade, if necessary.
As for consumables, fum-tape and plumbing tape for fixing the drain hose may be useful.
The main thing is to check if you have a flexible water supply hose to the PMM and how much is available. It must be of sufficient length for the selected installation site, it is better to check this carefully in advance.
Such a hose can also be equipped with an aquastop protective mechanism that prevents the risk of leakage when ruptured – such hoses are usually equipped with more expensive PMM models.
Also, if you have nowhere to connect the water intake hose, you will need to buy a tee and install it on the water supply to the kitchen faucet, or dilute it from the manifold in the riser.
The withdrawal from the riser is carried out as follows:
- Connect the adapter for polypropylene pipes to the free outlet of the collector;
- Lay a route to the installation site of the dishwasher, if necessary; using connecting fittings and elbows;
- Finally, mount the water outlet and screw a metal elbow with a ¾ inch male thread into it;
- It remains to connect the supply hose from the machine kit.
If it is impossible to bring a separate pipe to the installation site of the dishwasher, then there is an option to connect a kitchen sink mixer into the gap.
To do this, you need a tee with a faucet:
- It is necessary to first turn off the water supply in the riser and release the remaining excess pressure by opening the tap in the sink.
- Now you can install the tee under the sink.
Do not forget to seal all threaded connections with FUM tape.
Important to remember during installation
Important – during the installation of the PMM, you need to study the instructions that are attached to a specific model. It indicates the layout and connection of all necessary elements. The installation of the dishwasher must be carried out in accordance with the norms of SNiP.
Each manufacturer gives its own installation recommendations, and if they are grossly violated, you may be denied service under warranty in the future.
As a rule, the instructions also indicate all the necessary dimensions for embedding, and there may also be special recommendations for some models.
A few useful little things to consider when connecting a dishwasher:
- If you have a ground loop installed, then do not forget to connect it.
- Be sure to check for leaks in the system. If water flows from the machine, then it needs to be turned off and sorted out.
- The drain hose must not hang down a slope. This may cause water to drip onto the floor.
- There should be no protrusions on the bottom of the dishwasher. It must be carefully attached with bolts and nuts.
- The drain pipe must be attached to the sewer pipe.
- To avoid leaks, you need to install a drain filter.
- You need to make sure that the dishwasher is connected to water and electricity, as well as that there is free access to the outlet.
- If your dishwasher does not have an outlet, then you need to buy an extension cord that can withstand the load.
- Don’t forget to connect a drain if your dishwasher has one.
The dishwasher is a fairly new invention, but it has already become an integral part of our lives. It makes it easier, more convenient and faster. Therefore, it is worth a little work to get a good result.
How to properly install PMM
To install the dishwasher, you need to carefully consider the place in which it will be installed, and properly fix it to the floor and hangers.
It is necessary to do this in such a way that water does not get on electrical equipment, electrical wiring, furniture, etc. during its operation. If you choose the right place for the dishwasher, you can avoid many problems, as well as significantly save electricity and water.
You can not embed it in any part of the kitchen. In order to properly install the pmm, you must observe the necessary gaps and distances. The distance between the sink and the equipment following it must be at least 5 cm.
Before buying built-in appliances, measure the dimensions of the kitchen cabinet. Dishwasher legs can be adjusted in height. Use a level to level the machine. Some models are very sensitive to tilt even as low as 2 degrees. This may affect their future work.
Mount the machine near a sink. This will make it easier to connect the drain and water without having to extend the hoses. Experts say that lengthening the hoses can lead to leakage, as well as create a large load on the drain pump.
When building into furniture, install a metal plate under the countertop to protect the wood from steam. In many built-in models, the plate is included.
To find the most convenient and technically safe location, before placing the dishwasher, read the following tips:
- PMM should not be closer than 40 cm from the stove, oven and hobs.
- The microwave oven must be placed at least 50 cm away from the oven.
- Washing machine and dishwasher must not be in contact with each other walls.
These rules are related to the peculiarities of the work of different types of equipment. For example, a washing machine during the spin cycle produces too much vibration. This can damage the dishwasher. If two appliances are turned on at the same time, there is a high probability of simply breaking all the dishes inside.
PMM should not get very hot. For this reason, it is worth keeping a distance from stoves, ovens and any heating appliances. Under the influence of high temperature, the seals inside the equipment quickly dry out and become unusable.
There may be other breakdowns that will not be fixed under the warranty card due to violation of operating conditions. Microwave waves from a microwave oven can also negatively affect the operation of the PMM.
To connect the equipment to the network, a separate moisture-resistant socket is used. Do not connect with extension cords or tees.
When placing equipment, we recommend that you take into account the standard length of the cord. It is 1.5 m. Therefore, install the PMM no further than 50 cm from the socket with moisture protection.
How to connect a dishwasher to the water supply
This part is the most laborious in execution, it takes much more time than connecting other communications. Turn off the water before connecting the dishwasher.
Then you need to follow the following algorithm:
- Find the place where the sink faucet flexible hose connects to the plastic pipe.
- Open these two parts.
- Take a pre-purchased plumbing tee. Wrap FUM tape on the thread.
- Connect the tee to the metal-plastic pipe.
- In the upper part, fix the flexible hose of the mixer, after wrapping the FUM thread with tape.
- Connect a fine filter to the remaining outlet. Attach a stopcock to it.
- Connect the resulting structure to the dishwasher with a flexible hose.
- Turn on the water supply.
PMM require connection only of cold water supply systems.
Firstly: the technique itself has many different programs with its own temperature regime, under which it heats water.
How to connect to electricity
PMM are high-power embedded technology. This means that before installing the dishwasher yourself, make sure that the wiring in the apartment can withstand the upcoming loads.
Much attention in this matter is paid to the cross section of copper conductors. It must be at least 2 mm. To understand the exact value, use the special cross-section formulas or consult an experienced electrician.
The dishwasher is connected to a nearby outlet with a voltage of at least 16 A. Remember to install a grounding contact. It is provided by electricians in sockets.
Important condition: it is not allowed to connect a dishwasher and a washing machine to the same power source. This will lead to high overloads, which may cause a short circuit.
How to connect to a drain
It is necessary to install a new siphon with a separate pipe under the kitchen sink. A drain line is connected to it.
This takes into account two important requirements:
- The drain circuit must cut into the siphon at an angle. In this case, most of the water will go by gravity.
- At the connection point of the circuit, you must additionally create a small inflection to prevent water from being drawn from the sink.
With a far location of the PMM from the water source, you will have to install another tee. A hose will run from it to the siphon under the sink.
How to install the front on the built-in dishwasher door
There are two ways to fix the facade:
- Partial fastening. In this case, the panel closes the main part of the door, while the control panel remains visible.
- Full installation. The dishwasher door is fully closed with a panel.
The finished front panel is mounted only on self-tapping screws. The use of glue, even very resistant, is undesirable. He, most likely, due to constant temperature fluctuations, will become unusable and lose his properties.
When using self-tapping screws, make sure that they firmly enter the material, but do not crawl out of it either from the front or from the back. Otherwise, there is a high risk of injury and damage to equipment.
The facade is fixed, starting with the handle. To carry out these works, dishwasher manufacturers make special holes on the door, and also offer templates for fixing parts.
Upon completion of installation, check how evenly the facade is installed, if there are any gaps. If the appearance suits you, you can proceed to the direct operation of the PMM.
Preparing for work after installation
So, all communications to the PMM are connected, and the device is built into the kitchen set. But do not rush to load the dishes into the trays – you need to set up the device before the first start.
The setup consists of the following steps:
- Set the salt consumption level according to the water hardness. The harder the water, the higher the level you need to set. You can determine the hardness parameter with a special test (visually hard water can be determined by white stains on the sink).
- Pour the salt into the container. It is located at the bottom of the machine and is closed with a separate cover. Before the first wash, you need to fill this compartment with water to the top and do not forget to screw the lid on.
- Pour the rinse aid into the tank and add the detergent. The rinse aid consumption is adjustable – for the first washes it is better to leave it medium, then adjust it – increase it if the dishes do not shine or dry slowly.
When you first turn on the PMM, the indicators will most likely be on, indicating the need to fill the compartment with salt and rinse aid.
After filling, the indicators should go out, and then you can already start loading dishes and washing. After the first cycle, the hose and drain connections must be carefully checked in order to immediately detect and eliminate possible leaks.
Not many people know what to do if the microwave sparks. But, as with other equipment, problems also occur periodically with it, and sparks in the chamber are perhaps the most common. If sparking becomes noticeable during operation of the appliance, you need to turn it off immediately, and then find out why the microwave is sparking. Inaction can lead to serious damage.
Incorrect use of the device
The instructions for any microwave oven, as a rule, contain information about which dishes are suitable for use inside the device. Failure to follow these recommendations can also lead to the fact that the microwave sparks and cracks during operation.
Prohibited utensils include metal utensils and plates or mugs with any metallic rim or pattern with gold or silver flecks. Sparking may be short-lived, but its frequent repetition can lead to failure of the magnetron and costly repairs.
If sparking occurs due to the use of incorrect dishes or the fact that cutlery accidentally got into the chamber, then it is easy to eliminate. You just need to stop the microwave and remove the dishes. But if the microwave oven sparks even after all objects with signs of metal are removed, then this is a sure sign that it has broken.
Mica plate needs to be replaced
The most common reason that sparks appear inside the microwave is the burning of the mica plate, which is the diffuser of microwaves. If the microwave oven is not properly maintained, grease and burnt food residues accumulate on the plate. This leads to overheating of the plate and its destruction. If the mica is not replaced in time, damage to the magnetron may occur, and this is the main element of the device and costs almost the same as the microwave itself.
Replacing a mica plate is one of those types of repairs that you can do yourself. First you need to make sure that the matter is in the microwave diffuser and check it for burnt places. Before installing a new plate, the chamber must be thoroughly cleaned of grease.
You can buy a new mica plate at a hardware store or at the microwave manufacturer’s online store. The first option is likely to be cheaper, but the size of the plate may not match the one that was installed and will have to be cut. To do this, the old mica is applied on top of the new one and the excess is cut off with a sharp knife, and all uneven edges are processed with sandpaper so as not to scratch the camera coating during installation. New mounting holes can be made with a puncher.
More detailed instructions on how to replace the mica plate yourself can be obtained from the video clip:
Damage to the coating inside the chamber
Another common reason for a microwave to crackle and sparkle is damage to the inside of the appliance. The chamber where the food is cooked and warmed up is covered with a special enamel. Burnt food and scratches from dishes eventually lead to various damage to the walls.
To restore the coating, only special enamel is suitable. Ordinary paint does not have the desired properties. Of course, it is better to entrust this repair to specialists. The procedure is not so expensive, but you will have to tinker with finding coverage. But if you have free time, then you can do everything yourself.
Before restoring the coating, all contaminants must be removed from the walls of the chamber. In those places where the old enamel departs, it must be removed. Blow out the damaged areas with the purchased product and leave for a while. Then check the functionality of the device. If no sparks appeared when turned on, then all manipulations were carried out correctly and gave a positive result.
Too bulky dishes that are placed in the microwave can also cause damage to the enamel. Even if the plate placed in the chamber does not touch the walls, then when the tray rotates, it can move out a little. With constant friction of dishes against the walls, thinning of the enamel will occur, which will lead to deep damage.
Careful maintenance of kitchen appliances prolongs the life of appliances for a long time, reduces the likelihood of expensive repairs. For a microwave oven, it is important to clean the chamber in time, and use only dishes intended for it.
You don’t have to make expensive repairs to transform your kitchen. It is enough to change the design of the refrigerator, and the room will sparkle with new colors. This is especially true for owners of old refrigerators that work like clockwork, but the appearance leaves much to be desired.
Let’s start with the most time-consuming, but at the same time interesting way to change the appearance of household appliances and furniture. The refrigerator after decoupage looks elegant and original, as if it is covered with painting. The main tool in this work will be a napkin. Surprised? Then let’s look at decoupage in more detail.
Preparing for decoupage
We prepare tools and materials:
- Napkins – it is advisable to choose multilayer, in art stores you can find ready-made napkins with an already applied pattern.
- Tassels – wide ones are suitable for us for painting panels, and brushes 1 cm wide with a semi-rigid bristle are for small images.
- Scissors – they should be sharp enough and maneuverable, since the pattern will be cut out of a soft napkin, preference should be given to scissors with rounded edges.
- Roller – with it, we will level the napkin on the surface of the refrigerator.
- Acrylic paints – Acrylic is sold in sets and in individual tubes, it is recommended to choose the first option, and the paints must also be quick-drying.
- Glue – for napkins, you need to use a special art glue, but as an alternative, adhesive varnish is suitable, which will cover the napkins.
- varnish – the material should be selected according to your needs, as the varnish can be glossy, with enhanced gloss, matte based on acrylic, etc.
Several options for decoupage refrigerator napkins:
We will consider decoupage using ready-made napkins with drawings as an example, but you can paint them yourself. So, you have decided on the composition and prepared the necessary materials for decoupage. Now you can proceed to the process, which goes according to the following scheme:
- The surface of the refrigerator, on which the pattern will be applied, must be thoroughly cleaned of fat with the help of special tools, otherwise the work done will quickly deteriorate.
- Separate the napkin layer on which the image is located, as shown in the photo below:
- The pattern must be carefully cut. Be careful as the paint layer is very easy to tear or damage. You need to separate the drawing from the bottom layers of the napkin.
- Apply glue to the surface for decoupage and let it dry for a few minutes.
- Flatten the tissue and apply it to the sticky area. It will need to be leveled with a roller.
- It is convenient to squeeze out the remaining air bubbles with a soft brush.
- After making sure that there are no folds and bubbles, you can varnish the pattern. The material should dry – leave it for 20-30 minutes.
- The final stage is the application of additional layers of varnish that will protect your work from moisture.
Done, in the same way, you can cover the entire refrigerator. It can be the same images or the whole composition. It all depends on your preferences.
Preparing the refrigerator for the new year
Special attention should be paid to decorating the kitchen, because on New Year’s Eve your relatives and friends will gather there to celebrate the holiday. We have collected some simple, but at the same time original ways to decorate the refrigerator for the new year:
- Snowman. With just cardboard, you can turn your fridge into a giant snowman. Cut out individual elements and glue them to the refrigerator. A scarf can be made from decorative gift paper.
- Snowflakes. Remember how you loved to cut snowflakes out of paper as a child. Using the same method, you can decorate the refrigerator. If desired, snowfields can be painted. For people who do not want to spend a lot of time on making, a printout of finished snowflakes is suitable.
- Decor elements. This category includes an artificial Christmas wreath, Christmas magnets for decoration, rain and tinsel. How to distribute these elements is up to you. You can hang a wreath on the top door (freezer), hang rain in the middle of the refrigerator, and evenly distribute snowflakes or magnets on the surface.
- stickers. Now the shops are full of New Year’s goods, so you will definitely find a lot of stickers with snowmen, Christmas trees and the main symbol of our holiday – Santa Claus. If desired, the figure of this character can be made independently.
Refrigerator decoration with foil
The film allows you to transform the appearance of any household appliances, including the refrigerator. On the basis of thermal film, multi-colored images are made. It is worth saying that decorative film is the easiest way to decorate a refrigerator. In wallpaper stores and art shops, you can find many options for films with images of different themes.
Applying the pattern is very easy: peel off the film from the base layer and evenly apply the image to the surface of the refrigerator. Of course, the area should be degreased. The film must be ironed and all air removed with a brush.
As you can see, there are a lot of options to change the look of your refrigerator. Looking for the cheapest one? Use colored cardboard and glue. Do you want to transform the kitchen and try your hand at painting? Decoupage is your choice. The main thing is to do this work with inspiration, and you will succeed!