When buying a steam cleaner, first choose the type of execution. Floor models are necessary for a complete cleaning of the house. They are maneuverable, with a large tank volume, long operating time, and very convenient. Manual ones require waiting while the water is converted to steam. But they are cheaper and more compact, they are enough for those who do not need to systematically process the entire room. I have compiled the TOP 10 best steam cleaners for 2022 based on sales ratings, expert reviews and customer reviews. Check it out to make the best choice for you.
Best Handheld Steam Cleaners
Grand Master GM-VSC38
The steam cleaner is made of plastic in red and black colors. The handle has bulges to make it comfortable to hold and the hand does not slip. It has a steam button that can be blocked. When turned on, the indicator lights up. When it went out, the temperature reached the required value for steaming (135 °). The tank lid is fixed on a threaded connection, a rubber gasket is also located there. It is necessary to fill in no more than 175 ml (tank volume – 250 ml). For filling, use a funnel and a measuring cup with a spout (included). The short spray nozzle (5.5 cm) is fixed on the ball joint. All other nozzles are fixed on it. The kit includes three more nozzles – a common (angular), elongated with a hose in the middle (52.5 cm), a long cone-shaped (17.5 cm) with a narrow opening for processing hard-to-reach places. The general nozzle can be used with a window cleaning sprayer, a cloth nozzle with a rubber seal, and a brush. The curved nozzle and brush can be worn on a short, long or elongated nozzle. It creates a steam pressure of 4.2 bar – this is the largest parameter among the hand-held devices included in the rating.
- Secure lid fastening.
- Neat assembly, quality materials.
- Uniform supply of steam. After the supply power has faded, you need to wait a little while until the pressure rises.
- Convenient nozzles, will help to reach for any places.
- Works well for cleaning the hood grate.
- Nozzles with a narrow nozzle are more effective when the steam comes out in a targeted jet. Very difficult dirt can be cleaned.
- Easy to operate and maintain.
- Doesn’t make noise. When the steam comes out, it emits a characteristic hissing rumble.
- Water heats up in two minutes.
- Does not remove grease stains, rust, old stains.
- Not very suitable for processing mirrors. The rubber seal of the brush does not adhere tightly to the surface.
- According to reviews, it is not quite suitable for steaming clothes due to the low temperature of the steam.
- Short wire, according to buyers.
Given the small size, low price and ease of use, the device can be recommended for purchase. The low power of the jet when using wide nozzles (from 2.5 bar) is the main disadvantage, which is offset by its capabilities.
Best Floor Steam Cleaners
Clatronic DR 3280
The floor steam cleaner looks like a mini vacuum cleaner. The case is plastic, in silver-black color. It differs from manual models by the presence of wheels, which facilitates surface treatment. On top is a handle with control buttons. The tank holds 1.5 liters of water. At the bottom is a hole for a steam hose (1.6 m), to which nozzles are attached. Through them, hot steam under a pressure of 4 bar with a temperature of 100 degrees enters the surface to be cleaned. The steam supply is adjustable. Nozzles: scraper, floor tool, spot and brush. All devices described below have a safety valve. Automatic shutdown, anti-drip system. Weight – 5 kg.
- Powerful steam pressure, fast heating.
- Easily copes with cleaning floors, windows, carpets, upholstered furniture, children’s toys, etc.
- Comfortable in using.
- Didn’t do a good job cleaning the oven.
- There are several failures.
- The steam hose inside the flexible hose can be kinked, which reduces the steam supply.
Judging by the reviews, the device is easy to use, the quality of steaming is also on the level. Made by analogy with the German Boman, but much cheaper. It differs from it in build quality, which is why breakdowns are possible due to overheating of the hose and other parts.
The best 2 in 1 steam cleaner
The steam cleaner looks like a vertical vacuum cleaner. The functions of a mop and a steam cleaner are combined. Water tank – 0.45 l. The 0.15 l detergent container is located on the floor brush, from where it automatically flows to the rag. It is completed with a nozzle for a floor, a scraper, a point and a brush. The set also includes a round brass nozzle, 3 nylon brushes (flat, round small and large), jet, angled and steam. There is also a rag with Velcro for the floor and a rag for steaming. A bristle brush is attached to the back of the mop: it is used to wash heavy dirt. You can remove the work module for manual use. The maximum steam supply is 25 g/min. Includes extension handle and hose, carpet frame.
- Stylish looks, convenient vertical parking.
- It heats up quickly and performs its functions perfectly even without additional funds.
- The water tank is enough for standard cleaning.
- You can wash the floors with a cleaning agent.
- A set of nozzles for different types of cleaning.
- Not very convenient storage.
- Few floor cloths included.
The device performs ideal wet cleaning with steam, getting rid of a number of harmful microbes. Compared to other steam cleaners, it has lower steam supply rates, but it combines two functional devices in one.