Alas, an unpleasant smell and even mold can appear in the refrigerator. To prevent this from happening, it must be properly washed. To do this, you can use special chemistry or improvised means – from soap solution to lemon juice. But how exactly to clean, you will learn further.
Prepare the refrigerator for cleaning
Before you start washing the refrigerator, empty it completely. That is, not only take out all the products from it, but also take out all the shelves, boxes, grates, glasses – everything that can be freely removed. Next, disconnect the refrigerator from the power supply or switch to the defrost mode.
Regardless of how you will clean the refrigerator, prepare soft rags, sponges and napkins. Cotton swabs and a toothbrush can come in handy to clean hard-to-reach places from dirt.
How to wash the refrigerator so that there is no unpleasant smell?
If the smell in the refrigerator has already appeared, you can use the following proven means:
- 9% vinegar dilute ½ with water and wash all internal surfaces of the refrigerator, including the freezer. Then rinse everything with cool clean water and wipe dry.
- Ammonia (ammonia). Dilute 1 tablespoon in 3 tablespoons of cold water. Wipe the refrigerator with a sponge soaked in this solution, including all hard-to-reach places. In the corners, you can use a cotton swab. As a rule, after drying, all odors disappear from the refrigerator.
- Lemon juice or citric acid. In 1 liter of warm water, add the juice of one lemon or a pinch of citric acid. Dampen a cloth with liquid and clean the surface of the refrigerator. As soon as the solution dries, only a pleasant citrus smell remains.
- apple cider. Dilute 1 glass of cider in 1 liter of warm water, then dampen the sponge and rinse the refrigerator chambers. Wipe with a clean cloth afterwards to avoid leaving streaks.
You will find more tools and methods in the article: How to remove the smell in the refrigerator?
Wash all internal elements that you have removed from the refrigerator under running water in a bathtub or in soapy water. Crumbs and other food residues often accumulate in the corners of the boxes – direct the shower jet at them and rinse thoroughly. After all items are washed and detergents are washed off, wipe them dry and return them to the cleaned refrigerator.
In the video instructions, you will see how you can clean the inside and outside of the refrigerator with home remedies so that there is no smell:
How to clean the refrigerator from stains and dirt?
The following remedies will help to cope with hard-to-remove stains and dirt:
- soap solution. Take a small piece of laundry soap – you can grate it on a fine grater, or you can just beat it into foam. Then add a spoonful of ammonia to this foam. Mix everything and wash all the “insides” of the refrigerator with this solution, including rubber door seals. As a rule, there most of all dirt accumulates. Be sure to wear rubber gloves before this procedure so as not to injure your hands. Then wipe everything dry.
- Toothpaste. Apply a thin layer on a sponge, then wipe the refrigerator from the inside. After the stains disappear, all that remains is to rinse the camera with warm water and wipe it dry with a towel.
- Baking soda. Dissolve a tablespoon of baking soda in 1 liter of hot water, apply to the stain, leave to dry (5-10 minutes), rub with a soft cloth and rinse with water. If necessary, you can repeat the operation again.
In the following video, you will clearly see how you can clean the top section of the refrigerator with baking soda in 7 steps:
Do not use hard steel wool and do not try to scrape off stains with a knife. Wet the stain with the cleaning agent – let the dirt dissolve, and then wipe. Didn’t work – try again.
Purchased refrigerator cleaners
In addition to utensils and improvised products, you can also use special products for washing refrigerators, in particular antibacterial disinfectant sprays and wet wipes. They are very convenient – I sprayed the surface and wiped it, and a clean refrigerator is ready.
Rinsing is not required, according to the manufacturers – the product decomposes into components that are safe for health. In addition, it removes all unpleasant odors, leaving behind a soft, barely perceptible smell of freshness. The only disadvantage of such funds is that they are quite expensive. However, they are required at a time a little, so one bottle is enough for a long time.