In order for the electric kettle to enjoy a neat appearance for longer, we recommend that you read the article. Here you will learn how to delicately and thoroughly eliminate layering, without the risk of harming the device and yourself.
How to avoid the appearance of scale
The gray coating on the inside of the kettle repels even the not picky people in everyday life. Where can we talk about the purgatory. Scale is really a headache for housewives. As it does not disappear, it appears again and again in the form of sediment, then in the form of layering. It’s time to slow down the appearance of scale so that you don’t have to google every week on the Internet how to clean the kettle from scale inside. Here are four effective ways.
1. Installation of filters in drainage
The cleaning element will catch sediment, impurities, sand and neutralize odors – as does the KOMPACT-Lux water purification filter. You can also pour and insist liquid in water-purifying jugs, which reduce the amount of heavy metals.
2. Pour out the liquid in the kettle
What remains in the container stagnates, loses its taste and gives sediment. It is necessary to pour the remaining water into another container.
3. Easy to clean and rinse
If you notice the appearance of scale, you need to wipe the bottom of the appliance with a damp kitchen sponge. It is easier to wash off the thinnest plaque than to try to clean a thick layer.
4. Use bottled water
Purified water reduces deposition of evaporated substances.
Following these recommendations will help keep the device in excellent condition for a long time.
In the topic: How to choose a kettle
Causes of scale
Why scale, because there are many useful trace elements in the water. Including magnesium and calcium. In the process of boiling, they turn into sediment and settle on the walls of the dishes in the form of gray dust. Another reason is too much chlorine or iron in the running water. In this article, we will tell you how to clean the kettle from scale without making extra efforts.
Consequences of lime layers
At first glance, it may seem that scale is not a significant problem. In fact, this is absolutely not the case. Sediment of a dirty kind noticeably spoils perception and leads to deplorable consequences:
- a thick layer of scale turns into a dense insulatorwhich greatly reduces the heat output of heated parts in electrical appliances (electric kettle, coffee maker, boilers);
- electricity consumption increases significantly, provide the proper hundred degrees for boiling;
- overheating contributes to the wear of the walls of the electrical appliance models Even very expensive;
- the heating coil does not transmit heat well to the heating relays. overheated kettle fails;
- rust develops under the hardened sediment;
- leads to a reduction of the warranty period of use;
- harmful substances of layers enter the bodyand have an extremely negative effect on the functioning of the kidneys and bladder.
As we can see, ignoring an insignificant, at first glance, problem can turn into a deterioration of health and a breakdown of an electrical appliance.
How to clean the kettle from scale inside
There is a wide selection of cleaning products in stores. There are expensive ones and not very expensive ones. Strong and gentle. BUT! We will present easy and proven methods of how to clean an electric kettle from scale using simple household substances.
Acid or slices of lemon have long been famous for their effective and economical effect. It can be used both for cleaning an enameled kettle from scale, and a plastic one, and, of course, an electric one. Such as the Tefal K1730D30. If there is no citric acid at hand, a quarter of a lemon will replace it.
- 1-2 spoons of acid or 1/4 lemon should be mixed in 1 liter of water.
- Fill the kettle with water.
- Bring to a boil, let cool and pour out the contents.
- Rinse a couple of times.
Skopje sediment will peel off and dissolve. The walls of the kettle will shine like new.
Cleaning with vinegar
Suitable for metal, plastic and glass electrical appliances. Including for Gorenje K17GWE). Vinegar (9%) or its essence is suitable for cleaning. It should be used carefully. Especially for those who are sensitive to strong smells.
To achieve an exemplary result, it is necessary.
- Dilute 100 ml of vinegar or 1-2 tablespoons of essence in 1 liter of liquid. If desired, add a drop of aromatic detergent to kill the sharp sour smell.
- Pour into a kettle and boil.
- Leave for an hour or until cool.
- If the sediment does not peel off well, wipe with a clean sponge.
- Thoroughly wash the container and rinse 2-3 times.
This method works 100%, but it has side effects. After boiling, the house will smell like vinegar. To get rid of a persistent plume, you will have to ventilate the room.
Informative article: Electric kettles: which are the best in terms of quality – 5 characteristics
Method with carbonated drinks
Carbonated water copes well with scale. True, it turns out to be expensive. And it’s wasteful. But the result is excellent. Sparkling water contains citric acid, which helps to deal with sediment. For cleaning, you can use “Coca-Cola”, “Sprite”, “Phantom”. Only for everything you need:
- open the bottle and wait until the gases evaporate;
- pour half into the kettle and boil;
- rinse the container.
We recommend cleaning tin and enamel surfaces with great care. After all, dyes contained in carbonated drinks can eat into the inner surface of dishes, leaving colored traces on the walls of the kettle.
For interest, you can check how it works. Those who have already cleaned with carbonated water praise Sprite. It does not leave any marks on the walls.
Citric acid and vinegar – for severe cases
It helps when layering, even if it bites, does not go anywhere.
It is worth performing five actions.
- Stir 1 tablespoon of citric acid into the liquid.
- Pour into an electric appliance (for example, Gorenje K17FEII), boil, let cool.
- Pour out the contents, add clean water to the kettle and dilute half a glass of vinegar in it.
- Boil the contents, cool.
- Rinse the appliance 2-3 times to eliminate the strong smell.
Even if the layering deposits are not completely removed, the sour consistency can loosen the scale. Try to eliminate formations with a kitchen sponge.
Cleaning with soda
The cheapest option. It is also called army because it can be used in field conditions. It will allow you to remove very old and multi-layered scale from any electrical appliance. The main component is soda ash. It is thermonuclear, in the good sense of the word. It will help to clean even an enamel kettle from scale. Just don’t try to wipe the sediment “dry”. Soda scratches the walls of the device.
- Boil water in a teapot → add 3 teaspoons of soda → stir to dissolve.
- Let stand for half an hour and pour.
If there is no result, repeat. Or “strengthen” the solution (1 tbsp. Vinegar) by adding soda to the consistency.
Repeat cleaning: boil → cool → pour → rinse (thoroughly). And once again, to definitely wash off the soda crystals on the walls of the device.
Cleaning by cleaning vegetables and fruits
Peels from apples, pears or washed potatoes are thrown into a kettle and boiled. Fruits are rich in natural acids that affect the softening of deposits. Yes Yes. Try:
- add fruit skins to the teapot;
- fill with water for 2/3;
- to boil;
- leave the skin to cool for 1-2 hours;
- clean the soft plaque with a sponge.
This method is suitable for cleaning kettles with a “closed” (hidden under the disc) heating element. If a spiral is in mind, it is better not to risk it, misfires can spoil the relay.
Cleaning with brine
The composition of brine from cucumbers or tomatoes contains a strong acid. It removes scale. The sequence of our actions is standard:
- Pour the brine;
- Bring to a boil;
- We wait for the substance to cool;
- Rinse my device with a cloth.
Cleaning the outside of the kettle from fat and soot
To make the kettle shine like a copper penny or like the Philips HD9350, you need only three items. And then any soot in tandem with fat recedes as if it never happened.
1. A soft sponge or microfiber cloth
Clean carefully, do not scratch the surface. It is good if one side of the sponge is soft (it is easier to rub it to a shine), and the other side is harder – rough. Microfiber wipes also do an excellent job with fat deposits. In non-starting cases, even without detergent.
2. Rubber gloves
Protects hands from chemical exposure. Cleansing takes time, so God protects the protected. The skin will remain soft and well-groomed only when it is taken care of.
Gel for dishes will remove the top layer of fat deposits, gently removes and washes away dirt. The grease remover will actively clean old impurities, remove accumulated dirt and leave no residue.
Chemical cleaning agents are divided into two types. Before use, it is worth reading the instructions:
Obviously, all descaling options are good. Just do not ignore this problem and do “Good” to your kettle.