The microwave oven becomes dirty with frequent use. Both specialized detergents and folk recipes will help clean the internal walls of the device: vinegar, lemon or citric acid, laundry soap. In this article, we will take a detailed look at how to deal with dried fat and food residue.
How to clean the inside of a microwave oven correctly?
For a long service life of the microwave oven, you need to follow a few simple rules when cleaning the device:
- A prerequisite is to turn off the microwave oven from the power supply before wiping, open the door, let the device cool down.
- Metal washcloths, brushes, brushes, other sharp hard objects must not be used in the cleaning process. The inner surface of the device has a special coating. This thin layer reflects microwaves. If it is subjected to hard objects, scratches may appear on the outside and inside of the device, which will later lead to cracks.
- Aggressive household chemicals, which include chlorine, acid, alkali, abrasive coarse products are not recommended.
- Clean the external and internal surfaces of the appliance using a minimum amount of water to prevent moisture from penetrating into the elements of the device. It is best to wash the microwave inside from grease and other contaminants with a clean, damp cloth, foam sponge or cloth.
- If dirt gets into hard-to-reach places, you should not try to disassemble the kitchen assistant yourself. To get rid of crumbs and food debris, you can use a vacuum cleaner with a special narrow nozzle or entrust the microwave oven to a specialist.
To clean the outside of the device, you just need to wipe it with a damp sponge with the addition of any detergent.
How to clean a microwave in 5 minutes
The easiest and fastest way to get rid of non-old and not very stubborn dirt is to use ordinary liquid or dishwashing gel.
- Pour water at room temperature into a glass container, add the product.
- Place the dishes with the liquid in the microwave, turn on at full power for 1 minute (until steam is formed).
- Remove the dishes, wipe the inside surfaces and the appliance door with a damp cloth.
Steam will soften old dirt, so the microwave oven will be washed off without difficulty. For a better effect, baking soda can be added to a container of water.
How to clean the device with household chemicals
To get rid of grease and stains, it is necessary to apply a purchased product to the inner surface, bottom and door of the device. If it is a gel, then evenly over all the walls, if it is a spray, gently spray it. Leave the microwave oven for a few minutes according to the attached instructions, then wipe thoroughly with a damp sponge, then with a soft and dry cloth.
You can clean the microwave oven with the usual means that are always at hand.
Getting rid of pollution in folk ways
Experienced housewives do an excellent job with drops of fat without the use of purchased household chemicals. You can clean your microwave oven with:
- citric acid.
These methods are safe and inexpensive.
How to clean a microwave with vinegar
Vinegar is the simplest and most popular method. It will help to cope with dirt inside the microwave oven, with an unpleasant smell and rust.
- Pour warm water (200 ml) into a glass container.
- Add vinegar essence (3 tablespoons).
- Place the dishes in the microwave oven, turn on the power of 500-800 W for 10 minutes.
- After the required time, wipe the internal surfaces of the device with a damp cloth.
Steam with vinegar will perfectly corrode stubborn dirt and cope with an unpleasant odor. To improve the aroma during such processing, a few drops of any essential oil should be poured into the solution.
How to clean a microwave oven with lemon
The most enjoyable way to cleanse is with fresh citrus fruits. It can be lemon, grapefruit, lime, orange.
- Fruit (1 large or 2 small) cut into pieces, lower into a suitable plate.
- Add water (200 ml) to the container, put in the oven, turn on at maximum power for 5-15 minutes.
- After the end of the operation of the device, do not open the doors immediately, let the dried dirt stand and soften for about 15 minutes.
- Remove grease with a soft, damp cloth, then wipe dry all the walls of the microwave.
This method is also good if you do not clean with whole citrus fruits, but only with the peel. The skins should be finely chopped. In addition to getting rid of traces of fat, the room will smell pleasantly of citrus.
How to remove contaminants with citric acid
- Pour warm water (200-250 ml) into a bowl, add 1 sachet of citric acid (25 g).
- Place the plate in the oven, turn on for 5-15 minutes (depending on the degree of contamination) at full power.
- After completion of work, do not open the oven for 10 minutes, then wipe it with a clean, damp cloth.
Citric acid perfectly dissolves fat and soot, softens old dirt.
Other effective ways
The old laundry soap, forgotten by many, does an excellent job with numerous household contaminants. For cleaning, it is worthwhile to lather well with a sponge or soft cloth, lather and evenly apply to the inner walls of the microwave oven. So leave the device for half an hour, then carefully wipe the remnants of soap and food.
If the soap solution is not completely removed from the walls, an unpleasant smell of organic burning is possible when the microwave oven is first turned on.
Another no less effective and simple method is the “steam room” with ordinary water. But it is suitable for mild pollution.
- Pour water (200 ml) into the dishes, place in the device.
- Turn on the oven at full power for 5-8 minutes. Leave the doors closed for 20 minutes to soften the dirt, then wipe with a damp sponge and a dry, clean cloth.
Such methods will allow you to quickly clean the microwave from the inside.
First, study the recommendations on how to properly use the microwave. And in order for the stove to stay clean longer and delight the household, you need to follow some recommendations:
- use a special plastic cap – this will help protect the camera of the device from splashes and drops of fat from heated food;
- if there is no cover for the microwave oven, then cling film, parchment paper will do;
- it is advisable to wipe the inner walls every time after use;
- it is worth leaving the oven door open for a couple of minutes after work in order for the smell of food to disappear and the microwave to dry.
Following these simple tips, the microwave oven will shine much longer, the hostess will not have to wipe off the stubborn old grease drops.
Home ways to deal with pollution in the microwave (video)
The video shows simple and cheap methods for removing grease, carbon deposits and stains on the inside of a microwave oven.
Keeping your microwave oven perfectly clean will help household chemicals and home methods. Vinegar, citrus fruits, citric acid, laundry soap will cope with pollution no worse than expensive commercial sprays and gels. Regular care of the kitchen assistant will save time on cleaning it.