Household appliances make life easier, but require proper attention to cleanliness. Otherwise, sooner or later it will start to fail. In order to extend the service life as much as possible, it is necessary to follow the recommendations for the care of household appliances.
Clean the rubber gaskets of the refrigerator
Regular care of the refrigerator is a guarantee of long service even after the expiration of the warranty card. It is not enough to wipe the surfaces of shelves and doors. Washing the niches is also half the battle. It is also necessary to monitor the condition of the seal on the door.
Often the rubber gasket is not even mentioned. After all, it is there that most harmful bacteria accumulate.
The rubber seal suffers through three orders.
- Spilled liquid and crumbs that provoke the process of rotting. A characteristic feature is an unpleasant smell in the refrigerator.
- Deformations, loss of elasticity. Rubber seals maintain the temperature of the unit. If the gaskets start to come off, the products spoil early.
- Accumulation of dirt: as food, but also dust, garbage and other waste. We usually remove them from the shelves, but we forget about hard-to-reach rubber bands.
Therefore, it is necessary to strictly monitor the cleanliness of this part. There are several ways to do it quickly and efficiently:
- Soap solution. Apply liquid soap or dishwashing detergent to the soft side of a damp sponge and gently remove the dirt. A lot of water will help dissolve the excess.
- Soda solution. A faithful assistant for disinfection and odor elimination. To collect, it is enough to dissolve two tablespoons of soda in a small amount of water. Dip a sponge in the resulting solution and rinse the rubber bands thoroughly.
- Purchase means. Any kitchen grease cleaner for cleaning rubber gaskets.
To maintain cleanliness, it is recommended to clean the refrigerator at least once a month. An additional procedure is treatment with glycerin. The tool will save you from drying out and loss of elasticity. You can apply undiluted glycerin directly to the sponge.
Helpful advice: avoid getting vinegar and other acids on the sealant, these agents destroy the structure of the material.
Note: Tips on how to store food in the refrigerator – features of each of the 5 zones, rules and deadlines
Keep the microwave clean
For the proper operation of the microwave, it is necessary to monitor the cleanliness of its walls, on which greasy splashes from products settle. This cannot be avoided, but knowing the methods of cleaning, everyone will be able to cope with the collection without much effort.
- Vinegar solution. Pour water and vinegar into the container and put it in the microwave for no more than 5 minutes. Remove the container, wipe the inner walls of the microwave oven with a soft sponge, removing traces of fat and food.
- Lemon. Cut, set the timer on the control panel for 1-2 minutes. Wipe the inner surface of the oven with lemon. Natural essential oils found in lemon peel remove unpleasant odors.
- Even with regular cleaning, a warm soapy solution can easily cope with fresh food splashes.
After cleaning the walls and plate of the microwave oven, leave the door open for a couple of minutes. During this time, wipe the inner surface with a dry cloth, as excess moisture can damage moisture-sensitive parts.
Keep it fresh in the dishwasher
Washing dishes is not the best time in the kitchen, so buying a dishwasher will make life easier. But she also needs to be looked after. What you should pay attention to:
- The first sign of the need for cleaning is an unpleasant smell.
- Leaving the door open after washing is a good prevention against mold.
- The rubber seal must always be wiped dry.
- Make sure that no fat accumulates on the rubber band. In the future, the door may not hold water because of this.
Every two weeks you should follow the recommendations:
- clean the drain and inlet filter,
- wipe the detergent compartment,
- clean the inside of the hopper.
Special salt for the dishwasher softens and cleans water from harmful impurities, reduces the likelihood of scale formation. Such prevention will extend the service life of the dishwasher, which means that plates, cups and pans will remain shiny and clean for a long time.
Informative article: Dishwasher – what can be washed and what can’t be washed? 20 useful tips
Don’t forget the filters and hood
Delighting your family and guests with culinary masterpieces, pay attention that the smell in the apartment should also be pleasant. If fat and evaporation are deposited on the walls of the hood, it means that the grill is so clogged that it will take a lot of effort to clean it. The solution to this problem is preventive cleaning of the hood and filters. This is done through four means.
- Soapy soda solution.
- Household soap.
- 9% vinegar.
- Lemon (peel the lemon, rub the pulp on the grate surface).
If necessary, it is necessary to clean the housing of the hood. Grease stains are extremely difficult to remove from a metal surface, and manufacturers do not recommend washing the device with anything other than neutral means. Therefore, you can clean stainless steel with a soapy solution.
Useful article: Pyrolysis, catalysis, hydrolysis, traditional cleaning: 4 ways to achieve perfect oven cleanliness
Remove the crumbs from the toaster
Germs and bacteria do not linger in toasters. They cannot withstand high temperature, they die. But bread crumbs when making toasts are an irreversible phenomenon. Accumulating in the tray, they emit an unpleasant burning smell and spoil the taste. This can easily be avoided by regularly cleaning the crumb tray.
If the tray is missing, then turn the toaster over and shake it, all the debris will fall out. Go through the brush for loyalty and still shake. If you take care of the toaster in this way, it will last for many years.
On the topic: How to choose a toaster for the kitchen?
Replace the water filter
Tap water contains many harmful impurities that provoke the formation of scale. Therefore, it is better to prevent the appearance of dangerous deposits by installing a stationary flow filter for water purification at the entrance of the pipe to the apartment.
Tap water purification table:
And, of course, it is worth watching for the timely replacement of filter cartridges. Depending on the water quality, cartridges can be changed from once a month to once a quarter. The tank in which the filter is installed is usually made of transparent plastic. The term of replacement is determined by the color change of the cartridge, the smell of the liquid, the decrease in water pressure.
Check the washing machine hoses
When caring for a washing machine, it is sometimes worth checking the drain hose. It must not be broken, cracked or damaged. It is necessary to monitor the periodic cleaning of all components of the washing machine.
Buttons, coins, keys, small parts of the constructor, etc. fall into the filter. And in case of filter failure, they go into the drain hose. As a result, water does not drain from the washing machine. To prevent small parts from hitting the drain hose, check the integrity of things, use special laundry bags.
It is useful to know: Why the water does not drain from the washing machine – 5 ways to drain the water manually
Make sure there is no scale in the coffee maker
If you ignore the appearance of scale on the walls of heat exchangers, then when boiling water, you give the green light to hardness salts. This sediment is deposited on the walls of the tank and internal elements, rendering them unusable.
The sediment is easily destroyed with citric acid dissolved in water and brought to a boil. Periodic processing of the coffee maker is guaranteed to give you an invigorating drink with a rich taste.
Useful article: How to choose the right coffee maker: 8 types of devices
Do not boil the same water in the kettle
We do not recommend boiling water twice for a number of reasons.
- Try not to boil water in the kettle and in the electric kettle again. According to doctors, it is harmful to health. There are many impurities in tap water added for disinfection – they should not be drunk.
- Arsenic is added to tap water in minimal doses to destroy pathogenic microbes. When re-boiled, it forms substances dangerous to health.
- Fluorine. When repeated boiling, fluorine turns into fluorides, which increase the risk of infertility.
- Nitrates on repeated boiling turn into nitrosamines, which can lead to the possibility of cancer formation.
- A metallic taste appears.
Always pour fresh water or install a reverse osmosis system. Reverse osmosis cleans water at the molecular level, where the liquid goes through several stages of purification. Water after reverse osmosis does not contain harmful impurities or bacteria. Today, it is one of the most effective ways to purify water.
Note: How to clean the kettle from scale inside: 7 effective ways
Keep your blades sharp!
With timely care of household appliances in the kitchen, the inevitable household chores will become pleasant. But there are also non-electric devices – ordinary knives and vegetable peelers. They fail due to blunting of the knives. Blenders and mixers in the first place. If you want to maintain order, sharpen the blades regularly.
Special stones and kitchen sharpeners are provided for this. If the blades in the device are dull, it is better to sharpen them in a service center. Keep your blades sharp!
Useful article: Do you need a hood in a kitchen with an electric stove – a detailed answer in 5 points.