What do they look like, what are they made of?
Anti-vibration feet are special stands, the main purpose of which is to soften and reduce the vibration and sound that a washing machine can produce during operation. In appearance, these are four separate coasters made of polyurethane or rubber.
Mostly you can find sets of round or oblong shape. However, on sale you can find coasters in the form of paws. The main function is the same, only outwardly they have a different shape. For which they cost more.
In addition, practice the use of special rubber mats. This one is simply covered under the technique. From consumer and expert reviews, the most effective and popular way is with regular rubber pads.
Also, they can be of different colors. This is due to the different colors of the technique itself. However, the most common are white and black coasters. But, recently, transparent coasters have gained popularity. They can be called universal, which will suit the technique of any color. The main thing to understand is that parameters such as shape or color do not affect their main function.
Do I need anti-vibration pads for a washing machine?
In each case, you should evaluate the situation as a whole to determine whether rubber feet are needed for the washing machine.
It is worth noting that by default they are not needed for a washing machine. Otherwise, they would have been included with the purchase. The manufacturer makes every effort and designs the equipment in such a way that this is not necessary. Therefore, often serviceable and high-quality equipment makes noise and vibrates for completely different reasons, for example, it is not installed correctly. Therefore, first you need to check whether it is installed correctly.
Despite the efforts of the manufacturer, some models are still characterized by excessive noise and tapping during operation. This applies to small-sized models that boast of their compactness and full functionality, however, because of this, they also have disadvantages. The narrow dimensions of the technique are the reason for its lesser durability. Usually it is based on weighting agents, however, this does not solve the problem and both the manufacturer and the consumer know about it. Here, in fact, there will be very appropriate stands that will help reduce excessive noise and vibration during operation.
At the same time, it is important to take into account the requirements and recommendations of the manufacturer itself regarding the use of various types of stands. For example, if your car is under warranty, then carefully read whether the use of stands is allowed. Often, service providers refuse warranty service if they have been used.
Often the choice of such anti-vibration stands is made by the consumer himself due to the unevenness of the surface where the equipment is planned to be installed. And also as a means of anti-slip, surface scratches and the like.
See also – How to get a bone from a bra that got into the washing machine
Causes of washing machine vibration
The technique itself has a built-in ability to make noise. In addition to improper installation, there are other reasons for the knocking of the machine. Consider the most common of them, for which these inconveniences arise.
- Shipping screws not loosened. Often, forgetting to unscrew them during installation, people face the problem of bouncing the car. In the literal sense, during operation, the machine just walks. Therefore, if this is the first installation, then make sure that everything is done correctly.
- Incorrect position of the legs. Frequent reason. The height of the legs itself is corny incorrectly set, which causes the machine to oscillate during operation.
- Crooked floor. This happens very often in old apartments and is often a problem for installing modern overall household appliances.
- Parquet, wooden floor actually completely predicts this problem, since the surface will be unstable.
- Old bearing. Often, in the process of long-term use, this piece of equipment wears out corny. As a result, it generates excessive vibration. So here you just need to replace it.
How to install anti-vibration pads
If you have decided to use anti-vibration feet for the washing machine, then you should complete the preparatory processes before starting the installation.
- To begin with, we note that the ideal place for the washing machine would be a flat and stable surface. Especially for this place, a concrete screed is often made.
- After choosing a location, connect the machine to the water supply. We set the hoses correctly, etc. After installing the anti-vibration stands, the machine will be practically motionless and it will be more difficult to do all this. And also connect to the mains.
- After connecting, we align the height of native legs. To do this, click on the machine itself and, as it were, stir it up. You will immediately feel where it fits unevenly. We twist (expose) the legs at the correct level.
- Next, install the stands. By the way, they are larger in diameter than the legs, so they fit there without any problems.
That’s all the work. Now the machine is indestructible, and does not produce or at least reduce noise and vibration during operation.