At first glance, a manual vegetable grater is a simple tool that is present in the kitchen of every housewife. But the modern range of shredders and shredders is so large that it is easy to get lost among the mass of various offers. To facilitate your choice, we have compiled a rating in which we have collected the most popular vegetable cutter models according to experts and buyers.
How to choose the best vegetable grater
- Production material. Metal, plastic, wood, ceramics. The most practical option is a stainless steel cutting surface. But the body and handle can be plastic, but it is important that the plastic is food grade.
- Purpose. Multifunctionality or cutting a specific product (Korean-style carrots, onion rings, lemon zest). Specialized (they are also called professional) vegetable cutters have one, most often flat cutting surface. Universal manual graters can have a square, rectangular, hexagonal or pyramidal shape, with attachments for fine, coarse cutting, shredding, pureeing.
- Ease of use. Anti-slip coating on handle and base. Some models have containers designed for storing sharp cutting elements and cutting vegetables. The width of the cutting surface should be no more than 10 cm.
- Graters are forbidden to be dipped in boiling water so as not to damage the coating;
- Do not use abrasive cleaning materials;
- When darkening or staining the blades and plastic elements, you can wipe the surface with vinegar or lemon juice;
- Do not store vegetable cutters in close proximity to objects that are subject to corrosion;
- It is better to clean the surface immediately after application, wiping all parts dry;
- Almost all graters can be washed in the top of the dishwasher, at a temperature not exceeding 65°C.
Rating of the best graters for vegetables
Joseph Joseph Spiro
The Joseph Joseph Spiro Spilizer tops the list of the best vegetable graters. The spiral nozzle allows you to get thin spiral noodles, opening up interesting possibilities for cooking and decorating dishes. The saw comes with one large, one medium nozzle, a cheese grinder and a small but capacious container.
The practical handle-holder makes it easy to hold the grater on the table. All nozzles are hidden inside the container, measuring 16 x 7.8 x 7.8 mm. Production material: stainless steel, ABC, polypropylene, thermoplastic rubber, SAN.
- Cuts vegetables into thin and long spiral strips;
- Knives are stored in a container;
- 3 cutting nozzles;
- Safety in use;
- It is used for small and large root crops.
- It is difficult to grate hard raw vegetables;
- For portion use only.
Augustin Welz “Mini Rotor”
Augustin Welz “Mini-Rotor” – a manual grater-rotor occupies the second line of our rating. It is completed with two sharp nozzles with the possibility of coarse and fine grinding. The special design allows you to crumble products directly above the dish. The body of the rotor, the leg-holder for fruits and the handle are acrylic. The stainless steel cutting elements are ultra-sharp and sharpened using a new special chemical etching technology.
Due to its small size, the “mini-rotor” will easily fit in every kitchen. All parts are disassembled and washed in a dishwasher at a temperature not exceeding 65 ° C. The Augustin Welz brand comes from the UK and is assembled in China. Dimensions: height – 10 cm, width – 19 cm.
- Mini rotor for chopping hard and soft vegetables;
- Compact design;
- Very sharp cutting tips;
- Small size;
- Suitable only for portioned rubbing.
Regent Inox “Presto”, Non-stick coated, height 23 cm
On the 3rd line of the rating is a 4-sided Regent Inox “Presto” with a Non-stick sliding coating. The cutting blade is made of stainless steel. A special anti-stick coating is applied on top, which is designed to ensure unhindered chopping of vegetables without sticking to the surface. Non-stick also creates a protective film, thanks to which the vegetables do not come into contact with the metal and all useful elements are preserved in them.
Regent Inox “Presto” has four sharp attachments on each side – fine, coarse, shredder and shredder. The silicone protector on the base and handle prevents movement on the table and protects kitchen surfaces from scratches. The product can be washed in the dishwasher, but some buyers note that because of this, the Non-stick coating begins to chip off over time.
- Anti-stick effect;
- 5 types of blades in one product;
- High level of security;
- Light grating on hard vegetables.
- The coating may chip off;
- Sometimes the gum peels off at the base.
Augustin Welz”, 4 nozzles
The “Augustin Welz” 4 in 1 comes in at number 4 on our popularity rating for manual vegetable cutters. The Augustin Welz comes with a plastic fruit holder, a container and four cutting blades. The nozzles are made of non-oxidizing stainless steel that does not emit harmful substances that give food an unpleasant aftertaste. kitchen surface.
Blade attachments can be stored directly inside the grater body, and special grooves on the sides come in handy when placing the grater on dishes of different diameters. All parts are disassembled, cleaned and washed by hand or in a dishwasher.
Grater dimensions: 29 x 12 x 5 cm. Container diameter: 28 x 12.5 x 5.5 cm.
- Grater with four nozzles;
- Container for storing vegetables and baits;
- Grooves for placing on dishes.
Joseph Joseph “Prism Box”, 4 in 1, 20104
On the fifth line in the expertology ranking, we placed Joseph Joseph “Prism Box”. This grater is a multifunctional combination of nozzles for various vegetables. “Prism Box” has a pyramidal shape and provides four steel blades – large, small, very small, stars.
A pyramid-shaped plastic container with a tight lid is intended for rubbing and subsequent storage of grated products; can serve as a lunch box and a tray for storing knives. Due to its compactness, the grater takes up a minimum amount of space in the kitchen cabinet.
The anti-slip handle reduces the risk of injury while using the “Prism Box”. The bottom of the container is also equipped with a non-slip base.
Country of origin: China.
Dimensions: 5.5 x 15.5 x 19 cm, weight: 335 gr.
- Grater 4 in 1 with container;
- Anti-slip coating;
- Storage of nozzles in a container.
Regent Inox “Presto” square, with container, 15 cm
We have determined the 6th place in the Regent Inox “Presto” ranking. A four-sided grater with a 200-gram plastic container is made of stainless steel and is designed for portion-wise chopping of small-sized vegetables.
The model has fairly compact dimensions (15 x 8.5 x 6 cm) and is completed with a plastic container (9 x 6.5 x 6.5 cm) with divisions in different measuring units. The container is tightly attached to the grater, which allows you to grind products directly above it. But sometimes, due to the high density of fit, the products may crumble during the removal of the grater from the base. The plastic handle and non-slip coating on the “legs” contribute to the comfortable use of the grater on any surface.
- 4 sharp cutting knives;
- Ergonomic capacity;
- Practical handle;
- Sharp grinders;
- Small size;
- Difficulty in opening the container.
Grater one-sided Moulinvilla “Masterclass”
Moulinvilla “Masterclass” ranked 7th in the ranking of the best vegetable graters. The Moulinvilla brand develops original design solutions. The mission of the company is convenience in cooking and decoration of the kitchen.
The one-sided Moulinvilla “Masterclass” is made of stainless steel and has only one small blade. Professional sharpening ensures that the grater does not dull even after repeated use. There is a hanging loop for easy storage. Size: 270 x 58 x 10 mm. Working area diameter: 8 x 8 cm. The product is made in China.
- It has one sharp blade of fine cutting;
- Compact one-sided grater;
- Does not dull after repeated use.
Borner Baby-Grater light green
The BORNER vegetable cutter rightfully occupies the penultimate, 8th place in the ranking of the best vegetable graters. Vegetable cutters from BORNER have been in great demand among customers for more than 30 years.
The absence of metal elements makes the Baby-Grater the perfect companion for preparing baby food. Production material – food grade plastic, which is resistant to shock.
The grater has two sides: one for getting large chips, the other for mashing. “Baby-Grater” does not press food, but grinds them, so that all useful vitamins are preserved.
The manufacturer claims that it is enough to knock it on the table several times to clean the grater, but buyers note that particles can get stuck in the teeth, which must be removed manually.
Borner Baby-Grater size: 24.5 x 10 x 1.5 cm. Country of origin: Germany.
- Food grade impact resistant plastic;
- Used to prepare baby food;
- Two sides for puree and coarse cuts.
- There are difficulties with cleaning small parts of the grater;
- You need to make an effort when rubbing raw vegetables.
Attribute “Viva Grey-Green”. ATV721
The last place in the ranking goes to the Attribute “Viva Grey-Green” mirror hexagon grater made of stainless steel. Silicone feet provide high stability when working with food, and the handle helps keep the vegetable cutter on the surface.
The main advantage of Attribute “Viva Grey-Green” is its high stability on the base and the presence of six different attachments for chopping raw and cooked vegetables. The grater is easy to care for: just rinse with warm water after use and wipe with a dry, clean cloth.
- Low cost;
- 6 blades for vegetables;
- High stability on the working surface;
- Mirror stainless steel.