In the microwave oven, you can make surprisingly soft cheese, cook the juiciest eggplants, or make gorgeous milk foam for cappuccino. And these are far from all the possibilities of microwaves.
Catch our life hacks (they work, we checked) that will reveal the unseen side of the microwave oven.
Prepare sour milk cheese
From sour milk, you can make natural cheese that melts in your mouth in 15 minutes. And even in the refrigerator, it is stored for several days longer than the store-bought one. For this you will need:
- sour milk/kefir;
- a container for a microwave oven (preferably, it should be a special bowl for microwave ovens, but an ordinary deep plate will do).
You need to pour milk into a plate and put it in a microwave oven for 7-10 minutes at a power of about 400 W. You don’t need to keep it longer, otherwise the cheese will turn out like rubber. And setting high power is also risky – there will be a lot of whey and not enough cheese.
The indicator of readiness is that the whey is separated from the white mass. This is clearly visible visually, while a pleasant cheese smell appears. It is necessary to remove the dish, let it cool for ten minutes, so that it becomes warm from a hot state and filter through cheesecloth! When the whey drains, you can eat. The cheese is tender, moderately dry and not sour at all.
Make the eggplant juicy
You and I know how capricious eggplant is. The problem of “dryness” of blueberries sometimes leads to despair, often the vegetable is too dense or hard, which makes it difficult to shred it in order to prepare strictly according to the recipe. But the situation is correctable.
Eggplant needs to be “softened” in the microwave. This is done like this:
- Wash the vegetable thoroughly.
- Pierce the skin in several places with a fork or toothpick.
- Take a sleeve for baking (this is the safest option) and also make several holes in it – so that there is room for air to escape.
- Eggplant in a sleeve and place on a large plate.
- Set for 3-5 minutes at maximum power. If this is not enough, you should add another 2-3 minutes on “medium”.
- Wait 10-15 minutes until it cools down.
Prepare foam for cappuccino
We’ll do without the cappuccino maker. And it is not necessary to spend time on milk churning. Divine milk foam is obtained in the simplest way – with the help of a microwave oven. We act according to the instructions.
- Pour milk (low fat) into a mug.
- Cover it with a lid and shake well.
- Place in the microwave for 15-25 seconds.
- Remove the cover.
- Heat the milk for another 20-30 seconds.
Perfect foam is ready! It can be used in any coffee drinks made with a drip or cone coffee maker.
To the topic: How to choose a microwave oven correctly – instructions in 5 sections
Refresh stale bread
A microwave oven will help restore the initial softness of stale bread. For this you need:
- cut the loaf into thin slices and place them on a plate,
- heat on maximum power for 20 seconds.
If the result is not satisfactory, you should lightly grease the pieces with butter. This method also works for quickly defrosting bread that was taken out of the freezer. The main thing is not to overdo it with time – otherwise you will get crackers.
Raise the dough
Yeast dough usually rises for several hours. However, the process can be significantly accelerated. Instead of one or two hours, the steam will increase in 15-17 minutes. For this you will need:
- dishes for a microwave oven.
The algorithm for working with dough is in the table:
This is done in the same way as zucchini was prepared (see text above). It is enough to pierce the skin of vegetables or fruits before cooking. The microwave oven evaporates moisture from products, due to which the juice inside the fruit boils in 20-30 seconds and looks for a way out.
Thus, it breaks through the thinnest and weakest place and sprays like a mini geyser.
Well, because physics cannot be overcome, it remains only to lead it. Namely, make several holes in the vegetables yourself so that the steam escapes through the controlled openings. Then the juice will gently come out through them and will not splash, tearing the food.
Clean the microwave oven effortlessly
It is not so easy to clean a microwave oven from dried stains. But there is one effective method that softens the dirt in a few minutes. To clean the oven you need:
- Take a deep plate and pour 200 ml of water.
- Squeeze the juice of 1-2 lemons into it.
- Put the microwave oven on maximum power for about 1.5-3 minutes.
- Remove the dirt with a damp cloth (microfiber is suitable).
Now the microwave oven is like new! No stains, no dirt, no smells.
These 7 useful microwave tips will help you become a real Jedi in cooking and in taking care of the appliance. Use it!
By the way: How to quickly clean a microwave oven – 5 simple methods