When purchasing a washing machine in a store, you should first pay attention to its technical characteristics. New household appliances are not a cheap purchase, and the consumption of power consumption can further delight or “brazenly” empty your wallet. Therefore, in order for the purchase to please in subsequent operation, it is necessary to initially determine the kW power of the washing machine and how much electricity it will consume for one wash.
What are the energy classes of washing machines
Energy class. In order to understand how many kilowatts this model consumes as much as possible, it is necessary to determine the energy consumption class, which can be from “BUT” before “G”where “BUT” is the most economical option and “G” – correspondingly costly. The presence of a sign near the letter “+” indicates that this class of washing machine consumes even less kilowatts of electricity. The most economical type of household appliances are machines on which the class is indicated “A+++”. Often, the class of electricity consumption for the convenience of customers is indicated on the warranty sticker located on the front side.
How many kilowatts per hour does a washing machine consume?
Consider each energy class of the washing machine in order:
- Class “A++” consumes the least amount of electricity. Machines with this class need less than 0.15 kW / h per kilogram of laundry;
- Class “A+” – a washing machine with this marking consumes less than 0.17 kWh of energy per kg of laundry washed;
- Marking machine “BUT” consumes energy about 0.17-0.19 kW / h per kilogram of linen;
- For marking machine “AT” 0.19-0.23 kW / h per 1 kg of linen is required;
- Washing machine with washing class “FROM” will consume approximately 0.23 to 0.27 kW / h per 1 kg of linen;
- Washing machine with washing class “D” consume 0.27 to 0.31 kWh per kg of linen;
- It makes no sense to list the remaining washing classes, because modern automatic washing machines no longer use them. Subsequent classes of washing machines consume energy in excess of 0.31 kWh/kg.
All washing machines are conditionally divided according to the following criteria:
- Vertical or horizontal loading of linen. The way you load and unload laundry has an impact on how much electricity your household appliance consumes. Since the equipment with vertical loading of linen is produced with minimal dimensions, it is beneficial only for small families.
- Spaciousness. The number of kilograms of dry laundry you can hold and its texture have a direct impact on the speed of the motor, which determines the speed of the drum and how intensively the washing machine will work. Accordingly, if you purchase large-capacity household appliances, it is best to pay attention to the most economical energy consumption class.
- Washing machine dimensions. The dimensions of modern household appliances are always proportional to the capacity parameters, as well as energy consumption indicators. Therefore, some consumers argue that how much equipment will take is how much energy it consumes. For example, if you have a family of several people, then when buying, you can choose a small washing machine, thereby reducing energy consumption.
Based on the above criteria, when purchasing an automatic washing machine, you can initially determine how much electricity the equipment consumes in each mode of operation, having learned the class and familiarized yourself with the technical characteristics.
What determines the power kW of the washing machine?
Regardless of the chosen model of the washing machine, the actual amount of energy consumption of household appliances depends on the following factors, namely:
- washing mode. The temperature of water heating, the rinsing time, the number and duration of washings, the intensity of the engine rotation during the spin cycle, the use of additional options (soaking, extra rinsing) depend on the selected washing mode for dirty laundry.
- Textile. By setting the type of fabric on the display, the washing machine is automatically programmed for a specific type of washing, and, accordingly, the mode of energy consumption. It is also necessary to remember that different types of fabric differ in weight in a dry and wet state, and, accordingly, how much they consume electrical energy.
- Washing machine load.
The amount of energy consumed does not affect the vibration of the washing machine, noise insulation, fire safety.
Based on the above material, we can conclude that it is necessary to pay attention not only to the design, dimensions, but also to the power of the washing machine and the established energy class. Buy home appliances wisely!