Mobile air conditioners cool the air as efficiently as stationary ones. But they are not tied to a specific room, they are easy to carry and transport, do not require installation and are cheaper than split systems. Not all monoblocks work efficiently and create an optimal microclimate. We have compiled a rating of the best mobile air conditioners in 2022 based on user reviews and data from Internet resources. Let’s find together the answers to the most popular questions related to mobile air conditioners, and also determine which air conditioner is best for you?
What is a mobile air conditioner?
A mobile home air conditioner is a monoblock device that performs tasks related to maintaining a comfortable microclimate in the house. As a rule, modern electronic devices successfully perform the following processes:
- lowering or raising the temperature in the room;
- air cleaning;
- air drying.
The best models can perform all of the above operations, more budget options – just a few of them. Our rating includes various models – both those that have broad functionality and simpler samples.
Inside such a device there are fans, an engine and a refrigerant. Centrifugal fans take air from the room and drive it through the cooling circuit. The heat is removed outside the room, and the cooled air is returned to the room.
As a rule, a good air conditioner cools the air in the room to 18-20 degrees. The most productive devices can lower the temperature even up to 15-16 °, if, of course, the room has good thermal insulation. When choosing a particular model, you can always read the reviews of real customers about a particular model in order to know how the declared efficiency of a mobile air conditioner is true.
What does such a device look like?
Externally, a mobile air conditioner is a rather weighty device, about 60-70 cm high and weighing about 30 kg. However, it is very easy to move it from corner to corner or even from room to room, since any model is equipped with rubberized wheels. Of course, complete with a floor air conditioner, you will also need to move an air outlet pipe, but this is not at all a laborious operation that any adult can do.
Absolutely all mobile air conditioners are equipped with a condensate collector. And you will need to empty this container in a timely manner so that water does not leak onto the floor or carpet. In modern models, when this tank is filled, protection is triggered – and the air conditioner automatically turns off. And that means it stops cooling the room.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of such a device?
If you do not have the opportunity to install a full-size split system, then the decision to buy a mobile air conditioner is the most reasonable one. This unit has several advantages:
- mobility, even if conditional or relative;
- ease of installation;
- lack of bulky and technologically complex connections (drainage, freon, etc.);
- great option for accommodation in rental homes or offices.
There are several nuances – for example, noise, because the air conditioner compressor is not taken out, but is located inside the room itself. Also, the compressor heats up the space around it, and it is with this that the entire air conditioner as a whole struggles. But if you live in a rented apartment or cottage, or if you cannot install remote structures on the facade of the building, then floor air conditioners will be your salvation from heat or humidity. What factors will be decisive for you?
How to choose the best air conditioner?
Now on the net you can find a huge amount of information, various ratings of the best manufacturers of equipment and lists of top models of mobile air conditioners. You can read reviews and just buy the model that is more often given positive marks. Or you can go the other way and figure out what criteria to pay attention to when choosing one or another mobile floor air conditioner. So, let’s figure out how to choose a mobile air conditioner?
- First of all, it is important power and performance. The more air the device takes in, the faster the temperature in the room will drop. We look at the power of the motor – for a room of 10 sq.m. you will need a motor with a power of 1 – 1.2 kW. Remember, the air conditioner “works” only with the room in which it stands, the air in neighboring rooms is unlikely to become noticeably cooler, even if you install a more efficient version of the device. As a rule, the “top models” of floor air conditioners are designed for 20-25 sq.m., while, for an hour of work, they will wind at least 2-3 kW on the meter.
- Condensate trap capacity. The larger the container, the less often it will need to be emptied. Some models provide the ability to evaporate condensate, but this is not always an advantage. Although, models that occupy high positions in various ratings on the Internet, as a rule, use just such a technique for dealing with condensate.
- Noise level. As already mentioned, it is the presence of a condenser and fans inside the room that creates the operating noise of the device. In most units, this figure is in the range of 50-52 dB. The best air conditioners in the ranking are noisy at 44-46 dB. You can somewhat reduce the noise of the air conditioner – if you buy a model with a tangential rather than blade type of fans. By the way, such a device consumes a little less electricity than usual.
- refrigerant – it is better that R 410A freon circulates inside your household mobile air conditioner – this is the safest option today.
- Pay attention to the presence or absence of automatic regulators and switches – the less automation inside the floor air conditioner, the longer it will last you.
Additional options – an ionizer or dehydration, remote control or a timer will be a nice addition to the main functional task of a mobile air conditioner. But sometimes, it does not make sense to overpay for them at all. Which option you prefer is up to you. And now it’s time to consider our rating in detail and name the best mobile air conditioner for 2019.
Overview of the best manufacturers and the most popular models
Timberk AC TIM 07C P8
Narrow parallelepiped – 27x48x69.5 cm, white body. The weight of the internal block is 24 kg. The monoblock works on cooling with a power of 2050 watts. Power consumption 785 W. Energy class – A. Noise level 45-53 dB. Modes: cooling, ventilation without heating and cooling, drying 1.46 l/h. Air volume 5.5 m3/min. Additional functions: remembering settings, adjustable fan speed, auto-restart. The cost is 13990 rubles.
- Wheels on the bottom, easy to move indoors.
- Well cools the room up to 12 m3.
- Maintains temperature.
- There is no remote control.
- Works only for cooling.
Like Timberk AC TIM 07C P8, it works only for cooling. The case is white, without wheels from below. The width is greater than in the first model – 67.8 cm, but the column is lower – 30.5 cm and less in depth by 2 times – 32.8 cm. More powerful cooling power – 2400 W, with a flow of up to 5.53 m3 / min and cooling capacity of 9000BTU/h. Higher power consumption 880W. Energy class – A. The noise level is the same 45/53 dB. Control from the remote control. Modes: night, dehumidification up to 0.9 l/h, ventilation, automatic temperature control. Additional functions:. fault self-diagnosis, on/off timer, 3 fan speeds, airflow direction adjustable, memory settings. The price is 16085 rubles.
- Powerful and mobile.
- Perfectly and quickly cools the air up to 22 m3.
- Acceptable noise level.
- Stylish design, fits perfectly into any interior.
- Economical in energy consumption.
- Minimum temperature 16 °C.
- Fully corresponds to the cost.
- Cooling only.
- There are no rollers to move around the floor.
Tall narrow white parallelepiped with slightly rounded corners – 69×43.5×33 cm. Heavier in weight than the first two models – 25 kg. There are no legs, as in the Hyundai H-PAC-09C1UR8. Other parameters and characteristics are similar to Hyundai. The difference is in power consumption, it is 40 W higher, and the cooling capacity is 800 BTU / h lower. The maximum service area is 20 m2. Manufacturer’s warranty – 2 years. An additional function is the automatic evaporation of condensate (without draining). The cost is 16170 rubles.
- Neat, stylish design.
- Good plastic, does not scratch, easy to clean.
- Automatic evaporation of condensate.
- Works well for cooling. For a couple of hours, you feel a real coolness.
- Produces fresh, pleasant smelling air.
- Quality build.
- Big warranty period.
- Noisy fan.
- Only one mode – cooling.
Strict classic case design with dimensions of 69.8×35.4×34 cm. The lightest model in the rating is 20 kg. Cooling power, as in Timberk AC TIM 07C P8 – 2050 W, but power consumption is lower, 780 W. One fan speed. Maximum noise 45 dB. Additional functions, as in the models described above: night mode, self-diagnosis, timer, settings storage, remote control control. The cost is 16,290 rubles.
- Optimal price/quality ratio.
- Easy to transport.
- Simple control.
- All users noted one – removing the corrugations with hot air out of the window. Unsuitable system for hinged windows, only for sliding ones.
- A very noisy model, comparable to the operation of a Soviet-style Minsk refrigerator.
Nice silver body. The powerful cooling capacity of 9000 BTU / h, the compact dimensions of the monoblock 69.5x27x48 cm, combined with the high power in cooling mode 2638 and the cost of only 15,000 rubles, raises it one step higher in performance than the Electrolux EACM-08CL / N3 and Hyundai H-PAC- 09C1UR8. Energy class – A. Creates the same amount of cooled air as Timberk AC TIM 07C P8 – 5.5 m3 / min, which is slightly lower by 0.03 m3 / min than Hyundai. In terms of energy consumption, the same parameter with Electrolux EACM-08CL / N3 – 950 W. Noise level 45/51 dB. Weight 26 kg. The maximum volume of the room is up to 20 m2. Additional functions: only ventilation with the possibility of adjusting the direction of flow, remembering settings. Simple fastening of the hot air outlet with the easy window system, no additional parts are needed. Button control only. The warranty period is 2 years.
- Beautiful design.
- The hot air outlet pipe is easily attached.
- High quality plastic case.
- Filters are installed on the radiators. Easy to clean.
- Very poor cooling. The declared volume will cool by 10C in 2-2.5 hours, at an initial temperature of 29 0C.
- Control with just one button.
- Very noisy.
- The vaunted system for tilt-and-turn PVC windows is not suitable, only for sliding frames.
- There is no temperature control.
- Very poor set.
Monoblock for cooling and heating 33 m2. White body with black trim. Overall height – 79.5 cm. Width 48 s, depth 40 cm. Weight 30 kg. Standard energy class – A. Blowing volume 6.83 m3/min. High cooling capacity – 13,000 BTU. In cooling mode, the power is 3810 W, with heating 3660 W. Consumes 1390 W for cooling, 1130 W for heating. Three working speeds. Additional functions: ventilation, temperature support in auto mode, self-diagnosis, night mode, dehumidification up to 1.25 l / h, fan speed adjustable, settings memory, on / off timer. Remote control control. The price is 25716 rubles.
- Interesting design.
- Easy installation of corrugations for warm air.
- Auto temperature support.
- Quiet noise level at night.
- With the declared cooling capacity, low energy consumption.
- Bulky and heavy.
- There are no complete instructions.
- Poor synchronization with the remote control.
- There is no inverter.
General Climate GCP-09ERC1N1
Large-sized powerful model with a size of 82.6×47.8×37.8 cm. For heating and cooling 30 m2 with a capacity of 6.67 m3/min. Less cooling/heating performance than Electrolux EACM-13HR/N3 2600/1300W. And the energy consumption is more – 2620 watts. Noise level 50/54 dB. Three adjustable fan speeds. Control from the remote control. Additional functions: anion generator, night and ventilation mode, on/off timer, warm start, settings memory. The cost is 900 rubles cheaper than the Electrolux.
- High quality assembly. Reliable monoblock.
- Good set of adapters for corrugations.
- Quickly changes the temperature in the room.
- Works for cooling / heating.
- It is difficult to adjust the corrugated exhaust with conventional vertical windows.
- Very noisy. Even in auto mode.
- Lots of condensation.
Zanussi ZACM-09 MS/N1
Monoblock with larger overall dimensions and power than the previous model Zanussi ZACM-07 MP-III/N1. 71.5×43.5×35 cms and 2640 watts. Energy class A consumes 200 W more power to produce 5.83 m3/min of air. It also works only for cooling, with a capacity of 9000BTU / h, respectively, higher power consumption – 980 watts. Designed for 25 m2. Weight more – 9 kg (29 kg). Control from the remote control. Additional functions: ventilation, automatic temperature maintenance, self-diagnosis, night mode, dehumidification, timer, adjustment of the direction of the outgoing air flow. The cost is 1700 rubles more than the ZACM-07 MP-III / N1 – 17959 rubles.
- Beautiful design.
- High quality plastic case.
- Corresponds to the declared characteristics of cooling.
- Works great in ventilation mode and dries the air.
- Simple remote control, intuitive operation.
- Flow direction adjustment.
- Automatic condensate removal.
- Very noisy even at night.
- No heating.
The monoblock works on cooling and heating, unlike BPAC-09 CM. Two-block. The first block for cooling with a power of 4100 W, the second for heating – 3500 W. Energy consumption A. Productivity is 0.5 m3/min less. High cooling capacity 14000 BTU/h. Energy-saving for the declared power: it consumes only 1300 W for cooling, 1200 W for heating. Fan with 3 operating speeds. Noise 51/53 dB. Impressive dimensions 74.6x45x39.3 cm, heavy weight – 32 kg, control from the remote control. Additional functions: night mode, timer, speed control, settings memorization. The cost is 22169 rubles.
- Cools well and quickly.
- Dries good quality.
- Easy to manage.
- Heating and cooling.
Of the minuses, users noted only a lot of weight.
More powerful and efficient 44m2 cooling/heating model than Electrolux EACM-13HR/N3. 4690 W cooling 9.33 m3/min, heating 3900 W. 3000 BTU/h higher cooling capacity. Energy saving, power consumption during cooling 1770 W, during heating 1550 W. Noisier, minimum level 53dB, 9dB higher. Another housing configuration is a low but wide monoblock: 49×76.8×37.6 cm. The weight of the indoor unit is 35 kg., remote control control, 2-year warranty. Additional functions: ventilation mode, automatic temperature maintenance, self-diagnosis, night mode, dehumidification, timer, adjustable fan speeds, air flow is corrected by direction, warm start, settings memory. The price is 30914 rubles.
- Manufacturing quality. All parts, including the body, are reliable and durable.
- Cools the air quickly. After 1-2 hours it reaches the set minimum temperature.
- Acceptable noise.
- Installation of drainage and drainage is not difficult.
- In auto mode, it evaporates condensate.
- Freeze protected.
Cons users have not identified.