The Tefal GC706D34 grill is a great addition to the arsenal of kitchen appliances for those who have little time for culinary experiments. It is a universal and easy-to-use device.
With its help, you can cook meat, sausages, hot sandwiches and much more. An excellent option to save time and simplify cooking, while still getting deliciousness.
Interesting article: Electric grill or grill pan: 5 taste-tested comparisons
Tefal OptiGrill GC706D34: an overview of the main characteristics
No weather will prevent you from enjoying juicy meat or tender fish cooked on the grill. With the electric assistant from “Tefal” it is easy to prepare tasty and healthy food at home.
Tefal OptiGrill is top for your money. The characteristics of the device speak for themselves:
The type of device is pressure. The device works on the principle of a press, which allows you to cook many times faster. When the food is pressed by the heated corrugated panels, some of the moisture escapes from it and forms steam, which also speeds up cooking.
The manufacturer took care to simplify cooking. A convenient display will help with this. The necessary buttons are illuminated, and a pleasant sound signal informs about the completion of the next stage of the process.
The electric grill is suitable for toasting buns for panini or hamburger, cooking meat or fish. They can be used to heat and cook frozen foods.
By the way: How to use an electric grill: 4 dishes that you will try and swallow
Grill Tefal GC706D34: an overview of the appearance and configuration
The appearance is impressive. A small grill with a minimalist design. Takes up little space even in a small kitchen.
The body is made of stainless steel and aluminum. The model can be black or silver. Both will perfectly fit into any interior.
The manufacturer thought through the design of the grill down to the last detail. A device with a slight tilt. This feature makes the device not only attractive and futuristic, but also practical. Thanks to the inclined placement of the removable plates, fat does not accumulate inside and does not spread over the frying surface.
Excess moisture and fat drain through the grooves into the tray under the grill. It is attached to the body of the device. The upper and lower parts of the electric grill are connected at the back by a special tube. The handle has an electronic control panel. It contains buttons with modes and functions of the device. On the right is the cooking level indicator.
On it, you can choose the desired settings and degrees of roasting:
- Pre Heated, which means the start of grill heating.
- 120 ℃ — degree of cooking rare, weak browning, meat with blood.
- 160 ℃ — medium rare.
- 200 ℃ — degree of readiness medium, medium browning, pink meat inside.
- 240 ℃ — medium well.
- 270 ℃ — degree of readiness well done, good roasting.
The required sector of the indicator lights up when the dish is ready. You will also hear a sound signaling the end of the process, which is convenient if you are away from the device. This is also a useful feature for the visually impaired.
An automatic Sensor Cooking system is built into the electric grill, which independently determines the thickness of the dish. It is calculated based on the level of panel closure. Depending on the thickness and type of product, Sensor Cooking determines the time required for roasting.
In the topic: What is better — an oven or an air grill: a comparison of 2 types of equipment
Device functions and modes
The electric grill is equipped with automatic and manual modes. All functions are visible on the control panel. You can automatically prepare:
- burgers, poultry, sandwiches, sausages;
- as well as beef or other meat, fish.
Chicken chops, shish kebabs and other dishes turn out great in automatic mode. You don’t have to stand over the grill and control the process. The device will automatically select the best time for roasting and notify you when cooking is complete.
If you are going to prepare a product that does not fall under the automatic mode, use this table:
The device is equipped with a function that allows you to cook frozen products. The grill first defrosts them, then cooks them in the specified mode. To activate the function, press the button with a snowflake, then select the desired option or degree of browning.
Experiment. Since the readiness of the dish and its taste largely depend on the quality of the products, try different modes and intensity of roasting.
Informative article: Useful household appliances for the home: top 5 devices without which everyday life turns into hell
Features Tefal OptiGrill GC706d34
Manufacturer Tefal made the device as convenient as possible. Provided an adapted display for people with limited physical abilities, calculated the optimal angle of inclination for fat draining and installed a sensor system for determining the thickness of the product.
But the device has features that need to be taken into account so that it lasts longer and does not harm you and the environment. Keep 7 tips for using the grill:
- Since corrugated plates have a non-stick coating, they should be handled more carefully. Turn the products only with a wooden or plastic spatula.
- You only need to wash the panels, not the device itself. Water can damage electronics. Wash the panels under warm water with a soft sponge or in the dishwasher. Do not rub them with metal washcloths. Do not use abrasive detergents to avoid damaging the non-stick coating.
- Grill surface made of stainless steel with aluminum inserts. Therefore, the case heats up during operation of the device. The temperature is high, you can easily get burned.
- Do not uselessly heat the plates for too long and do not immerse them hot in cold water.
- Do not cook food wrapped in foil. Metal panels oxidize if the non-stick coating is damaged by contact with it.
- Do not turn on the appliance without plates.
- Do not cut anything on the plates, do not use them in the oven or otherwise.
The electric grill heats up in 5 minutes. But it keeps the right temperature for a long time during and after cooking. Therefore, it may take 2 hours or more for complete cooling after switching off.
To “think”: Is it worth buying a dishwasher: 6 advantages of the device
Device management and operation
Using an electric grill is not difficult at all. Automatic modes, key illumination and sound signals cope with their function and simplify cooking.
Let’s analyze step by step what needs to be done when using the grill for the first time:
- Unpack the device, remove the stickers from the panels and remove all packing materials.
- Before the first cooking, be sure to wash the panels with water and detergent, wipe them well or give them time to dry.
- Dip a paper towel in the oil. Wipe the panels with it. This will improve the non-stick coating.
- Install the panels and tray. When installing ribbed plates, it is important not to mix up the upper and lower plates. There are special teeth on the bottom that prevent food from sliding down an inclined plane. The upper plate has recesses into which the lower teeth enter when the device is closed.
- Plug the cord into the outlet and press the “On” button.
Next, choose the desired mode or roasting method. After installation, click “OK”. Wait about 5 minutes for the grill to heat up.
When the warm-up is complete, you will hear an audible signal and see that the corresponding sector of the indicator has stopped flashing and is lit. Open the grill and place the food on the plates.
The indicators of the current processes will be highlighted on the indicator panel during the operation of the grill. When the food is ready, the sector will stop flashing and the signal will sound. Turn off the device and open it.
The panels can be removed by pressing the button on the side of the device. Under them are heating pipes. Only remove the panels when the electric grill is turned off and has cooled completely.
The manufacturer does not recommend using an electric grill with an extension cord. But if the length of the wire is not enough to connect to the socket, you can use a carrier with grounding, designed for 2000 W.
Advantages and disadvantages of the electric grill Tefal OptiGrill GC706D34
Among those who have already managed to buy a grill from “Tefal” are people who previously thought that they would not exchange a traditional street grill for anything. But they took a risk and as a result found more pros than cons in the Tefal GC706D34.
Let’s start with the pros:
- Built-in security system. Thanks to it, the device turns off if it remains open for too long.
- The thickness of the pieces is automatically measured, and their cooking time is precisely determined. Even if the slices are too thin, like bacon, and the device cannot determine their thickness, it is enough to press the “OK” button again and the food will start cooking.
- Sound and light signals notify about the processes taking place in the device. Adapt the grill for people with different physical abilities.
- Manufacturers took care of the environment. After use, the device can be recycled.
Among the minuses of the device, three were singled out:
- Products thicker than 4 cm cannot be cooked on the grill. It will not close properly.
- The whole body heats up a lot. Therefore, you need to keep the grill in safe places: as far as possible from curtains and other objects that can catch fire or melt.
- When using the grill for the first time, the panels may smoke. A light smell will appear. The room should be ventilated.
With proper use and regular care, the grill will last for many years. You can not only replace cooking some dishes in the oven or in a pan, but also open up new possibilities. Experiment with the grill, try unusual recipes, and you won’t notice how it will become an indispensable device in your kitchen.
Note: We choose a hood for the kitchen with or without an air duct – 2 options for different situations