Every year more and more families acquire such a device as a water heater. Unfortunately, in the 21st century, the lack of hot water is a very urgent problem. Somewhere the cause is poor-quality work of housing and communal services, somewhere centralized supplies of hot water are completely impossible. For example, in remote summer cottages or cottage towns, such a miracle as hot water is rarely heard.
If the apartment has a boiler, there will always be hot water. But which company is better to buy a water heater? The choice presented on the shelves of retail outlets can confuse everyone. What to look for, and which brand to give preference to? This will be discussed further.
The best manufacturers of inexpensive models
Budget water heaters are very much in demand in the modern market. Low power models are especially popular. Most often they are bought for installation in the country or as an additional device in case the hot water is turned off. In such cases, the acquisition of expensive models is not always justified. Here are some of the most popular companies that have good budget class models in their assortment.
This manufacturer is often associated by consumers with models of an affordable price range. Although you can also find very expensive Thermex boilers on store shelves. Almost all models have reliable corrosion protection and a built-in magnesium anode. The body of the latest units is made of stainless steel or coated with super-innovative bio-glass porcelain. The brand offers a fairly wide range of models to choose from — from 10 to 300 liters. The design can also be customized to your liking. Both traditional cylindrical appliances and modern flat rectangular boilers are available.
- wide choice of tank volume;
- simple and fast installation;
- excellent choice of compact models;
- decent technical equipment;
- the price tag is unbelievable.
- the quality of materials is “budgetary”;
- periodically there are complaints of leaks.
This storage water heater is produced in Ukraine and complies with international standards ISO 9001. A reliable and inexpensive unit, which was appreciated by users in more than 30 countries around the world.
- ease of installation;
- ease of use;
- versatility and a wide range of models;
- cost-effectiveness through the use of the latest technologies;
- oversized magnesium anode for better corrosion resistance;
- internal coating of a double layer of enamel;
- the presence of a safety valve for safe use;
- «AntiMix» system that prevents mixing of water flows, which leads to even greater savings in electrical energy;
- affordable cost.
- the appearance of the models is somewhat the same.
If you decide to buy a budget boiler, you can choose an excellent model from this brand. Although Ariston also has very expensive models, the quality of inexpensive water heaters is really high here. This Italian manufacturer values u200bu200bits name and responsibly treats the production of units of any price category.
In Russia, this is perhaps the most popular brand. A wide range of models is available to customers, with a capacity from 10 to more than 100 liters. All units are distinguished by a high-quality protection system, attractive appearance and clear control. Most tanks are made of stainless steel. Many popular models have a special internal coating with silver ions that kill pathogens.
- more than enough choice;
- wide functionality;
- ease of installation;
- repairs can be made at common Indesit service centers;
- not overly expensive.
- to maintain a long-term warranty on the tank, you need to change the magnesium anode annually;
- many consumers complain about the lack of models with dry heating elements.
One of the leaders in the production of budget models. This manufacturer earlier than others applied a special technology of twin tanks. Tanks made of stainless steel are connected in one body by cold welding.
Tanks «Garanterm» in accordance with their name have a longer warranty period, do not fade at the seams and are insulated with low thermal conductivity polyurethane.
- improved tank design;
- increased resistance to corrosion;
- automatic conveyor assembly minimizes waste;
- smooth and even enamel coating inside the tank;
- production has a test center using thermal shock;
- all boilers pass acid tests;
- a control LED diode is used;
- affordable unit price.
- in some cases, the quality of the heating element leaves much to be desired;
- the indicator shows only the degree of heating, and not the number of degrees.
Top Mid-Price Firms
Our rating of manufacturers continues with firms offering models of average cost. It is on them that those who are going to use the device constantly, but are not ready to overpay for the name and newfangled «bells and whistles» stop their choice.
Many consumers call the boilers of this company one of the best in the middle price segment. Moreover, this manufacturer from Slovenia is quite popular in the European market of home appliances. Boilers from Gorenje have a wide range of volumes from 5 to 200 liters. Depending on the unit, the internal tanks are made of stainless steel and protected with enamel coating. For lovers of interesting style solutions, we would like to highlight the Simplicity line. These boilers perfectly harmonize with any interior.
- in the line there are devices with both dry and «wet» heating elements;
- excellent thermal insulation;
- high-quality European assembly;
- high functionality;
- ECO mode;
- reliable system of protection against overheating and freezing;
- affordable cost.
- in the delivery set most often there is no drain pipe;
- many devices are heavy.
A good brand specializing in climate technology. Despite the fact that the main facilities are located in China, this brand is considered to be Swedish. Whether this is true or not is not easy to answer. But the quality of Timberk’s products is really worthy.
In the size range of models there are devices of accumulative and flow type, which have a variety of equipment, power and tank volume. The feature set and build quality are just as good as the more expensive brands. To ensure reliable and trouble-free operation of these units, you just need to follow the operating instructions exactly.
- good thermal insulation;
- the fastest heating of water;
- high performance;
- convenience and ease of installation work;
- thoughtful security system.
- taking into account the Chinese assembly, the cost may seem somewhat overpriced;
- the warranty period is not too long.
One of the most famous brands that have gained well-deserved popularity not only in Russia, but throughout the world. The company constantly improves the quality of its products, introduces new developments and bold innovations. The Electrolux company produces a wide variety of climate equipment. Some of the most successful are indirect water heaters and electric storage boilers. The latter have a volume range from 10 to 150 liters, so you can easily choose a model based on your needs.
- stylish and easily recognizable design;
- aesthetic appearance;
- excellent functional content;
- a wide range of different climate equipment;
- convenient electronic or mechanical control;
- quality assembly;
- wide coverage of service centers;
- there are units with both «wet» and dry heating elements;
- use of reliable materials.
- submersible heating elements in some models may be short-lived;
- Most of the devices are assembled in China.
This trademark in many consumers immediately evokes associations with reliability and excellent quality. And it’s hard to disagree with that. Thanks to these qualities, this German manufacturer has gained worldwide popularity.
Almost all models from this manufacturer have a lot of positive feedback. So if you are looking for a good quality water heater option for not too sky-high money, you should pay attention to Bosch.
A feature of the model range is practicality and functionality, convenient temperature setting and long service life of the unit. The choice is quite large, you can pick up heaters with a capacity of 10 to 150 liters.
- a large selection of models;
- glass-ceramic tanks;
- high-quality system of protection against corrosion;
- the presence of a magnesium anode;
- special skills for self-installation are not required;
- well-developed network of service centers.
- Relatively short power cord
- sometimes there may be no fasteners in the kit;
- in some units, the temperature controller is not very conveniently located.
The best premium manufacturers
Not everyone can afford the technique of trademarks, which will be discussed a little lower. However, in most cases, the increased cost is accompanied by an improvement in the quality and reliability of devices.
One of the most popular German manufacturers specializing in the production of high-quality climate equipment. The company’s management believes that household appliances should be distinguished by reliability, increased energy efficiency and absolute safety. And Stiebel does it very well.
The units of this brand are distinguished by durability, performance and strong appearance. The best models are assembled in Germany. Devices have electronic control, support system of two-tariff energy saving. So it’s safe to say that Stiebel Eltron water heaters are the best solution for those who do not like to waste money.
- the presence of an «eternal» titanium anode for corrosion protection;
- low power consumption;
- optimal efficiency;
- excellent functionality;
- reliable isolation system;
- the highest level of security and control.
- terribly high price.
A popular Austrian brand, characterized by impeccable quality and complete safety.
- compliance with world-class quality standards;
- implementation of a full production cycle at its own facilities;
- Ease of use;
- thermal insulation layer of at least 3 cm;
- absolute security;
- model range from 30 to 200 liters;
- internal walls made of glass-ceramic titanium enamel are completely resistant to corrosion;
- the use of environmentally friendly materials in the design;
- fast heating of water;
- some models have not very thick mounts;
- extremely high price, like all top-class products.
Another famous brand that has a wide range of boilers and instantaneous water heaters in its assortment. AEG is premium equipment, and therefore costs a lot. But the boilers of this brand can boast of the highest build quality and high reliability.
Among the models of this company, you can find units with a volume of up to 400 liters. Internal drives are made of durable stainless steel and have reliable protection against corrosion and in the form of a multilayer coating of high quality enamel.
- excellent build quality;
- energy efficiency;
- multifunctional content;
- fast heating of water;
- high-quality thermal insulation;
- convenient and clear control.
- are expensive;
- storage models require an annual replacement of the magnesium anode.
A popular brand known for the production of high-quality climate and water heating equipment. It is in great demand in Europe, Asia and America. All products of the company undergo the strictest quality control.
- a wide range of models, volumes, types of power supply and installation methods;
- pedantic German assembly;
- strict quality control;
- excellent functionality;
- application of innovative technologies;
- reliable system of protection against freezing, overheating and corrosion;
- high energy efficiency;
- using the highest quality materials.
- the power cord is short;
- very high cost.
Which brand of water heater do you prefer?
As you can see, the choice of brands is quite large, and we have listed far from all. But what brand of boiler is better? A water heater, in our opinion, cannot be judged only by the name of the manufacturer. After all, every developer has masterpieces and frank failures. Therefore, first of all, you should focus on your own needs and pay attention — here’s what:
It depends on how exactly you are going to use hot water. For ordinary washing of dishes, a “baby” of 10-15 liters is enough. If the apartment is home to 3-4 people who like to take a bath regularly, you need a unit with a volume of at least 120-150 liters.
Power and type of heater
Models with dry and «wet» heaters are available for sale. The first option is much more expensive, however, has its advantages. It accumulates less scale and can be replaced without draining the water from the tank. The second option is also not bad, but requires mandatory annual cleaning.
Power should be selected based on the size of the tank. For a small volume, a heating element of 0.6–0.8 kW is sufficient, and for a full-size water heater, this figure should not be less than 2–2.5 kW. Otherwise, you will be waiting for hot water for a very long time.
Internal coating of the drive
Here it is worth noting that the titanium case is considered the highest quality, but also the most expensive. Enamel coating is much less reliable, but also the cheapest. To protect against corrosion, a magnesium or titanium anode is present in the tank. The first is cheap, but requires annual replacement. The second increases the cost of the model, but will work «forever».
When choosing, you should pay special attention to the reliability of the fasteners that come with the kit. And also do not forget about the length of the power cord. Some models do not provide for the possibility of extending or replacing it.
Before going to a store or manufacturer’s website, think carefully about where the device will be installed and accurately measure the maximum allowable dimensions. Sometimes even the most advanced and high-quality model simply does not fit into the niche prepared for it.
And, of course, when choosing a water heater, you should focus on your own financial capabilities. Don’t go for high-end premium models if you can’t afford it. In the middle and budget price segment, you can also pick up very good options.