The question of choosing a stationary blender is relevant for those who want to complete the kitchen in a modern style.
This device competes with the submersible variety, having received increased power and versatility.
There are several main criteria that allow you to make the best choice based on your needs and financial capabilities.
What is a stationary blender, why is it needed and how does it work
In general, a blender is an electric, kitchen appliance for grinding, whipping and mixing various products. The stationary version is a bowl (jug) mounted on a stable base with a cutting, working element inside.
It is intended for the preparation of certain dishes without the direct participation of a person in the process. In other words, it is enough for the hostess to put the ingredients in the container, set the desired program and turn on the device. The process is carried out automatically.
The principle of operation of the apparatus is as follows. At the base is an electric motor, the drive shaft of which is displayed vertically upwards. A container is installed on the base (usually in the form of a jug or bowl) so that the motor shaft enters the container.
Bladed knives or special nozzles are fixed on the shaft. Next, liquid or products of a different consistency are poured into the jug. When the electric motor is turned on, the knives (nozzles) begin to rotate, which provide the desired processing.
Comparison of different types
Another popular type of blender is the immersion blender. The submersible blender is a device in the form of a housing, inside of which there is an electric motor and a gearbox. In its lower part, nozzles (corollas) are fixed on the shaft, rotating when the engine is turned on. The person holds the device in his hand and places the whisk on top of the container with the product.
The rotation speed of the nozzle is set, but the entire process is controlled manually by varying the immersion depth and exposure time. Thus, the main difference lies in the principle of action.
The immersion blender is operated manually and entered from above, while the stationary design provides automatic operation, and the working body is located at the bottom.
The choice of the type of blender depends on the tasks assigned to it and the preferences of the hostess.
The advantages of such a device are:
- Multifunctionality. The device helps to solve many problems in the preparation of products — the preparation of minced meat, dough, mashed potatoes, smoothies; grinding coffee beans; crushing ice pieces; preparation of cocktails; whipping mixtures, etc. It is equipped with numerous attachments.
- With the help of a stationary device, you can quickly prepare the desired product in any volume, even in a small amount per 1 person.
- Compactness. The device does not take up much space, which simplifies storage and transportation.
- Fast and high quality product processing.
How is it different from an immersion blender?
Comparison of the main parameters of submersible and stationary blenders is shown in the table:
|Parameter||immersion blender||Stationary blender|
|Power||150-1300W||Up to 2.5 kW. Increased power allows you to grind solid products|
|Functionality||Grinding not very hard products, whipping, mixing||Grinding solid foods (nuts, coffee, ice, etc.). Preparing liquid foods (e.g. puree soup). Not suitable for whipping.|
|Serving size||Serving size Need to hold in hand||The minimum portion is limited to 200-250 ml. The maximum volume is determined by the size of the jug. May exceed 2 liters.|
|Ease of use||The need to hold||Automatic cooking without direct human intervention. Ability to program the process.|
|Dimensions||Compact size and light weight||Significant dimensions. Requires storage space|
|Care||After use, only the whisks, which can be easily removed, need to be washed.||Complete disassembly and wash after each use|
|Reliability||Nozzles may fail if the product is very hard. Significant influence of correct use||Higher durability. The engine has increased reliability due to the cooling system. Automatic shutdown at overloads.|
|Price||Depends on power, but on average higher than stationary models||Lower combined power-price.|
The choice of blender type depends primarily on the amount of food to be processed. For frequent cooking in small quantities, immersion models are more suitable. Stationary blenders are needed with a significant amount of food, the need to grind solid foods, the desire to automate the process.
Criterias of choice
To select the optimal model of a stationary blender, you must carefully study the instructions for its operation and technical specifications. They should be compared with real requirements and desires.
When choosing, it is necessary to take into account the main criteria that determine the reliability, capabilities of the device, ease of use, quality and quantity of the final product.
Stationary, household blenders are produced with power from 0.2 to 2 kW. You can also find devices with increased power — up to 2.5 kW, designed for grinding especially hard products, and professional blenders up to 3 kW. The most popular devices with a power of 0.6-0.8 kW, which are able to provide basic needs. To prepare soups and smoothies, 0.4-0.5 kW is enough. To knead the dough, you will need a blender with a power of about 1 kW.
An important parameter is the ability to control the speed of rotation of the knives. The simplest devices have 1 speed mode. For most kitchen problems, it is enough to be able to set 3-5 speeds. Low speed is needed to get large chunks, and puree is cooked at maximum speed. Modern models can have up to 20 different speed settings.
A good blender has the ability to set special operating modes.:
- Turbo mode. It provides for maintaining the maximum rotation speed. In this mode, it is convenient to achieve the optimal consistency of the product at the end of the processing process.
- Pulse mode. Rotation occurs only when the button is held down. At the same time, pressing force can change the speed.
When considering the speed criterion, attention should also be paid to the method of regulation. The change in speed can be smooth or stepwise.
Consideration should be given to such characteristics:
- Number of knives — 1 or 2. Increasing the quantity improves the quality and speed of grinding.
- The form – straight and curved blades. Mixing is improved by using curved elements. The mass becomes more homogeneous.
- Material. The most reliable are stainless steel knives that do not corrode during the processing of any products.
When choosing, it should be borne in mind that the quality of the knives significantly affects the quality of the product and the durability of the entire apparatus.
The capabilities of the blender largely depend on the volume of the bowl (jug). The device is selected according to the real needs of the family, but it is taken into account that the useful volume is 200-250 ml less than the full volume of the container. 1.5-2 liter bowls are popular, in which dishes for the whole family are prepared. For single users or the use of the device for preparing baby food, it is sufficient to have a capacity of 0.8-1 l.
The shape of the bowl determines the appearance and stability. In addition, a container with an extended base is easier to clean.
The material of the working container provides durability, but significantly affects the cost of the device. A reasonable alternative must be found. Economy class devices have plastic bowls. They are light and chemically inert, but subject to abrasion and scratching.
Do not put hot food in them.. Elegant and durable glass bowls. They are not afraid of hot ingredients, and the cooking process can be observed visually. The main disadvantage is fragility. High strength and reliability is provided by metal (especially stainless steel). Limits the use — increased price.
The bowl is installed on the base (body), inside which the electric motor is located. The body material is subject to increased requirements for strength and wear resistance. Modern plastic cases are made of impact-resistant plastic and have an attractive appearance. Metal cases are more reliable and durable, but they are much more expensive..
Universal stationary blenders can have 3-4 nozzles and 2-3 bowls.
Most often, such a standard equipment is provided:
- Removable plastic knife. The knife is used for mashing and working with vegetables.
- Vechik. It is designed to play the role of a mixer.
- chopper. The most common option is a separate bowl with built-in knives. With its help, minced meat is prepared, root crops, nuts, onions, etc. are cut.
The increased number of nozzles and special bowls increases the functionality of the device.
The reliability of the device is ensured by a system of protection against overheating and overvoltage. It will automatically turn off the device at high voltage. It is important to check the presence of protection against overheating, which occurs when the knives are braked, the shaft is jammed and for other reasons.. The system protects the motor from damage to the windings.
Most stationary blenders are equipped with an electronic control system. The control unit has a knob for smooth or step change of speed and buttons for setting modes.
If there are additional functions, there are buttons for installing various programs.
Modern devices are capable of performing various functions:
- Timer. With it, you can set the time interval for the operation of the device.
- Programming. The device is loaded with several programs that automatically change and maintain the rotation speed. With such a function, it is enough to press one button, and the blender will perform the desired operation itself. Standard programs: Blend (mixing), Smoothie (smoothie), Nut milk (cooking nut milk), Grind (grinding), Ice (crushing ice), Sauce (sauce), Soup (soup), Sorbet (sorbet).
- Self cleaning function. It is absent in submersible blenders, but is typical for stationary structures. The device provides for washing the bowl inside when pouring warm water into it. All you have to do is press the appropriate button.
- Vacuum mixing. Some models have vacuum pumps that remove air from the bowl. This technology allows you to eliminate oxidative processes as much as possible.
- Heating (soup cooker). Special heating elements provide heating of the product and maintaining the desired temperature for a certain time.
The ease of maintenance of the blender is increased when it is equipped with additional accessories.. It is advisable to have the following accessories: a measuring cup, a funnel for bulk ingredients and liquids, a pusher (spatula) made of silicone, a bag for filtering, sports-type bottles (1-2 pieces), gaskets for knives. A special element can be a faucet through which you can pour a drink directly from the bowl.
TOP 3 best stationary blenders
What is the best stand blender in your opinion? You can vote one once.
This stationary blender has a power of 1.5 kW and a bowl volume of 2 liters. It has stepless speed control.
The knife has 8 blades and is made of stainless steel..
The average price is 11,600 rubles.
- durable metal case;
- light weight (less than 6 kg);
- reliability and durability.
- lack of turbo mode;
- plastic bowl design.
Bosch MMB 43G2
The power of the device is 0.7 kW. The volume of the bowl is 2.4 liters. All basic functions are present.
Number of speeds — 5.
Weight — 5.6 kg.
The average price is 6200 rubles.
- high-quality assembly, high reliability;
- glass bowl;
- The body is made of plastic, but shockproof material is used
This is a stationary blender with a power of 1 kW. Includes bowls with a capacity of 0.5 and 0.7 liters. There are 3 nozzles. Weight — 3.4 kg. The device is ideal for
preparation of small portions of a cocktail, smoothie, baby and protein food. High reliability and reliability are noted. Consumers do not note significant shortcomings.
The blender has long become an indispensable assistant to the hostess in the kitchen. To select the optimal design, you must first determine the type of device. When buying a stationary model, you should rely on the main criteria. The right combination of parameters will allow you to purchase a device that fully meets your needs and financial capabilities.
From the video you will learn how to choose a quality stationary blender: