*A review of the best according to the editors of expertology.ru. About selection criteria. This material is subjective, is not an advertisement and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
Water is an invaluable substance on the planet, on which the existence of all living organisms depends. Even a person is 60-65% liquid and to keep the body in good shape, you need to drink at least 1.5-2 liters of pure water every day. But how to do this if the tap liquid often contains harmful organic and inorganic impurities that can be harmful to health? To obtain high-quality drinking water, special filtering installations are used — reverse osmosis systems.
Reverse osmosis systems provide a high degree of water purification, the efficiency of which reaches 99%. But since there are different types of such equipment on the market, people often have difficulty choosing the right option. According to the principle of operation, such installations are almost identical, and the differences affect only the appearance, equipment and equipment.
When choosing a reverse osmosis system, special attention is paid to the stages of purification. Usually 5-7 steps are used. In most cases, reverse osmosis stations have 5-level purification:
- At the first stage, the elimination of rust and suspended impurities is carried out.
- The second level involves the dissolution of chlorine using a charcoal filter with a granular structure.
- At the third stage, organic impurities and heavy metal inclusions are removed using a block cartridge.
- The fourth stage of purification is performed at the molecular level by means of a reverse osmosis membrane. Only water and dissolved oxygen molecules pass through its pores. Part of the water flow is discharged into the sewer, and the other part ends up in a reservoir called permeate.
- The last level is to correct the smell and taste of drinking liquids using a carbon post-filter. This element is made of activated carbon and coconut shell with the addition of silver ions.
Such systems allow you to prepare completely clean water for culinary and other tasks. Additional stages are necessary to saturate the liquid with minerals or structurization.
Type of mineralizer
After passing through a 5-stage purification, the water becomes ready for drinking and cooking. However, drinking it raw is not recommended due to low mineralization. To get rid of such shortcomings, manufacturers use additional processing with a mineralizer.
Such a component is made from natural calcite and is used to saturate water with useful substances.
Bioceramics or structurizer
Separate reverse osmosis systems are equipped with an additional level of water treatment — a bioceramic tourmaline cartridge or a structurizer. This component is responsible for generating infrared radiation and an electromagnetic field to separate molecules into particles. After such treatment, the structure of the molecules acquires the correct crystallization, as in melt water. Such a liquid is better absorbed by the body and has a positive effect on the vital activity of cells, accelerating metabolic processes and strengthening the immune system.
7-stage filters are considered the most efficient, as they provide a full range of water enrichment. However, their cost is quite high, so you can get by with a 5-stage analogue.
Types of reverse osmosis systems
In the traditional version, the water treatment plant is equipped with a 9 or 12 liter tank, which is located under the sink. The tank accumulates liquid and stores it under pressure, solving the problem of insufficient performance of the reverse osmosis membrane in household equipment (5-8 l / h). In addition, such a container provides an additional supply of drinking water in case of problems with water supply.
Such installations are considered the most affordable and easy to install. If there are no problems with free space in the house, then such a system will become indispensable.
In other cases, the following types of reverse osmosis stations can be selected:
- Devices of the Comfort series with bayonet cartridges. They are also equipped with purified water storage tanks, but are more compact and easier to maintain. Replacement of cartridges is made by one click. However, due to the use of flask-shaped bayonet cartridges, such systems are more expensive than classic ones.
- Compact stations that are produced in a single housing with a tank. They are characterized by compact dimensions, attractive design and the possibility of installation both under the sink and outside. Often equipped with a display that displays important data about the operation and current status of the cartridges.
- High-performance plants without a tank. Able to process up to 1500 liters of water per day and do not require the placement of a storage tank.
In addition, on sale you can find computer-controlled units that are equipped with a digital display that shows the current status of work and the state of the elements. The electronic filling constantly evaluates the quality of water and the degree of wear of the cartridges, and also indicates the need to replace them. In addition, the device has an automatic flushing of the membrane to increase the service life.
General selection criteria
When choosing a reverse osmosis system, you should be guided by the following criteria:
- Number of cleaning steps.
- Compliance with the dimensions of the equipment allocated for installation site.
- Performance parameters and operating life of the membrane.
- The presence of a pump.
- The volume of the storage tank and the material of its manufacture.
- manufacturer’s reputation.
- Additional functions and features.
- Crane execution.
- Flask type.
- Availability of a guarantee.
11 Best Reverse Osmosis Systems
Consider the best reverse osmosis systems for the preparation of high-quality drinking water.
Atoll A-5500mp STD (Cruise)
Atoll A-5500mp STD (Cruise) is a reliable and proven household water treatment unit that can be used for drinking, cooking and other needs. With small dimensions and high performance, the system is suitable for urban apartments with centralized water supply.
The equipment consists of the following components:
- Mechanical cleaning cartridge capable of removing contaminants as small as 5 microns.
- Carbon cartridge that removes chlorine impurities, organic inclusions and pesticides.
- Mechanical cleaning cartridge for the elimination of particles from 1 micron.
- Reverse osmosis membrane that removes the smallest impurities ranging in size from 0.0001 micron.
- Charcoal cartridge with mineralization function. Responsible for adjusting the pH (acidity) of water and increasing the concentration of calcium and magnesium ions in the liquid, thereby improving its taste.
The delivery set includes the following elements — a filter unit, consumables that are installed in the system, a clean water faucet and accessories for its installation, a power supply, filter tubes, a drainage clamp, a key, a fum tape.
Users are satisfied with the three-stage mineralization, which results in high-quality water with a normalized acid-base value.
- Laconic design in a modern style, allowing you to install the station in a prominent place, without worrying that it will disturb the harmony of the interior;
- The presence of a built-in microprocessor that controls each stage and mode of operation, and also displays important information in the form of icons on the display;
- Displaying the current resource of each filter;
- Automation of preventive washing to increase the service life;
- Replaceable expendables of the 10SL format.
- High price;
- Difficulties in self-replacement of cartridges.
Prio New Water Praktic Osmos Stream OUD600
Prio Novaya Voda Praktic Osmos Stream OUD600 is a direct-flow reverse osmosis station, which is equipped with an advanced polymer film membrane with quick installation / dismantling.
The device has an electronic control unit, a pump and an automatic membrane flushing function. Installation of an additional tank is not provided.
The system provides universal cleaning with softening and iron removal of water. It also removes scale, conducts final cleaning and mineralization of the liquid.
With the help of this equipment, it is possible to remove almost all known contaminants, harmful microorganisms and bacteria from the composition of water. Also, the system will forever forget about the appearance of plaque on the walls of household appliances due to poor-quality water.
Users leave enthusiastic comments about the high performance of the polymer membrane, the presence of a combined post-filter based on coal conditioner and mineralization agents, as well as automatic membrane flushing.
- Progressive technical characteristics and capabilities;
- Efficient and fast water treatment.;
- 6-stage cleaning;
- Large module resource (up to 50 cubic meters of water);
- Molecular water purification;
- Ease of maintenance and replacement of consumables.
- High price.
Atoll A-550m STD 1/2″ reverse osmosis
Atoll A-550m STD 1/2″ is an advanced water treatment device that provides 3-level preliminary purification and filtration of water according to the principles of reverse osmosis, as well as final treatment and mineralization of the liquid. The built-in mineralizer saturates the water with the most useful microelements.
The system effectively removes organic inclusions, contaminants and salts from the liquid composition. It is installed in a free place under the sink (an additional tap is provided in the delivery set).
Atoll A-550m STD 1/2 «supports 5-stage purification with effective removal of impurities. Among the available water treatment products are foamed propylene and granular carbon filters, as well as reverse osmosis membranes. As a result of treatment, all inclusions end up in the sewer.
Subject to the rules of operation and timely maintenance of the system, it will be able to work correctly for more than 10 years.
The operating pressure is from 2.8 to 6 atm., And the temperature range at which the station can operate varies from +4 to +38 degrees Celsius.
The owners are pleased with the presence of an official guarantee for one year, as well as a high performance of 0.08 l / min.
- Easy installation;
- Efficient water treatment;
- Lack of scale;
- The absence of a third-party taste in water;
- Ease of upgrade.
- Hot water incompatibility;
- Poor quality of hose connections;
- The absence of a transparent case for a visual assessment of the current state of consumables.
Prio New Water Expert Osmos MO530 with reverse osmosis
Prio New Water Expert Osmos MO530 with reverse osmosis is a useful unit for use in regions with medium and high levels of hardness salts, heavy metals and dissolved iron in the water composition. The system can be operated in areas with poor environmental conditions (industrial centers, large settlements, etc.).
The factory package includes a membrane and cartridges, a tap for supplying clean water, a storage tank and related accessories for self-assembly of equipment.
Prio New Water Expert Osmos MO530 with reverse osmosis is a universal filter that purifies tap fluid from all kinds of mechanical impurities (rust, sand, silt, etc.), dissolved impurities, organochlorine compounds, pesticides, fertilizers, their decay products, etc. .
The main element of the system is a highly selective polymer fiber membrane produced by the Japanese company Toray Industries Inc.
- Original Japanese-made membrane with increased performance;
- The presence of a mineralizer in the kit;
- Efficient operation at low water pressure;
- Fast filling of the tank;
- 3 year warranty.
- Fairly large size.
Aquaphor DWM-101S Morion with reverse osmosis
The Aquaphor DWM-101S Morion system provides professional water purification at home and allows you to refuse to buy premium quality bottled liquid. In this case, the composition of the source water does not play any role. The complex effectively eliminates any harmful inclusions and contaminants, including bacteria, viruses and toxic components. The station solves the problem of scale on household kitchen and plumbing equipment.
Unlike traditional systems with a separate tank, Aquaphor DWM-101S Morion has a different device. This filter has two times smaller dimensions and can function even with insufficient pressure in the water supply.
Aquaphor DWM-101S Morion is an indispensable device for obtaining clean water for drinking, culinary purposes, preparing baby food and the correct operation of home appliances. The system effectively removes hardness salts and extends the life of the kettle, coffee machine, multicooker and other devices.
- Solving problems with clean drinking water;
- Compact dimensions;
- Efficient filtration.
- Large water consumption.
BARRIER PROFI Osmo 100 Boost M
BARRIER PROFI Osmo 100 Boost M comes with all consumables, including cartridges for quick installation and operation. The working life of the system reaches 5000 liters.
In the box with the device there are keys for replacing cartridges, a valve for connecting, gaskets, fittings and clamps.
The system capacity is 0.2 l/min and the admissible cleaning water temperature is 35 °C.
Installation work will require no more than 30 minutes and can be performed without the use of additional tools.
The system interacts with domestic water supply and is suitable for daily use in domestic conditions.
Users point to a significant improvement in the quality of work of such appliances as a coffee machine, electric kettle, dishwasher, iron, etc. after using purified water.
- Good equipment;
- Fast installation and easy installation of cartridges;
- Small dimensions;
- Separate faucet available.
- Some maintenance issues.
Geyser Allegro P with reverse osmosis
Geyser Allegro P is produced in the form of a storage tank made of transparent plastic, has replaceable antibacterial membranes, as well as a high-quality mechanical cleaning cartridge, which is made of foamed polypropylene. There are also two CBC cartridges (from pressed coconut activated carbon) in the system.
The device provides effective elimination of chlorine compounds and organic impurities. Water quality improvement is carried out using a carbon postcartridge.
The device is capable of operating at a pressure in the line from 3 atm. up to 25 atm., and also withstands up to 100,000 water hammer cycles. All accessories for connection are provided in the factory kit.
Buyers are satisfied with the quality of this equipment and the presence of an official warranty with a long period.
- The service life declared by the manufacturer is 10 years;
- Enhanced leak protection.
- Increased water consumption;
- The need to install additional safety valves;
- Noisy work.
Aquaphor OSMO 50 version 5 with reverse osmosis
A five-stage reverse osmosis filter provides effective water softening and a solution to the problem of its turbidity. For the purified liquid, a separate tap and a special tank with a volume of 10 liters are used.
During the development phase of the system, advanced technologies were used that increased the degree of water treatment, making it possible to get rid of even small impurities, reaching a size of 0.0005 microns.
Users respond positively to a significant improvement in water quality after treatment, as well as to the democratic cost of installation.
This system works without preliminary water treatment and has an additional element for coarse cleaning of the liquid in order to reduce the overall load on the membrane and other filter components.
The operating speed reaches 16 liters per hour, which allows the installation to be used both in large families and in offices. It is also indispensable for rooms where there is no preliminary water treatment.
Cleaning and post-cleaning cartridges use advanced technologies, which makes Aquaphor OSMO 50 one of the best household filters on the market.
- Affordable price;
- Five-stage cleaning;
- The presence of a container for storing purified water;
- Additional crane;
- High quality filtration.
- Rather slow filtering procedure.
BARRIER PROFI Osmo 100 with reverse osmosis
The unit allows you to prepare high-quality drinking water, which will not differ from bottled water. The replaceable membrane has extremely small pores through which only oxygen and water molecules pass. At the same time, all impurities are retained, due to which the liquid becomes crystal clear and becomes safe for consumption.
The 8-liter water tank performs its direct functions, and 5 stages of purification guarantee the high quality of the final product.
The first level of cleaning involves the removal of insoluble solids such as rust, sand, scale, etc. with a size of more than 5 microns through a food-grade polypropylene cassette.
The next stage involves the technology «BARRIER PROFI Sorption» for sorption purification of water from chlorine, organochlorine and organic particles. The cassette is made of activated granular carbon and is highly effective in removing harmful particles.
The third level of processing includes an additional food-grade propylene filter to eliminate particles as small as 1 µm.
At the fourth stage, an osmotic membrane is used, which copes with almost all types of organic and inorganic contaminants.
The last stage involves the introduction of a carbon filter processed by silvering, which improves the taste of the finished water.
- Capacious water tank;
- High quality 5-level cleaning;
- Hypoallergenic materials;
- Compliance with international standards and quality certificates;
- Elimination of an unpleasant smell of water;
- Ease of operation;
- Quick installation under the sink.
- The cost is above average.
Prio New Water Start Osmos OU380 with reverse osmosis white
With this system, you can carry out professional water treatment. Representatives of the company claim the complete elimination of mechanical impurities and harmful impurities that may pose a threat to the body.
The design provides a small capacity for the accumulation of purified liquid. After treatment, the smell and taste of water are significantly improved.
User reviews mention the reliability and durability of the system, as well as ease of maintenance and replacement of consumables.
The system is connected to the water supply and has a separate valve for supplying purified water.
- Low cost;
- Monolithic body;
- Easy and fast installation;
- Compact dimensions;
- Significant improvement in the smell and taste of water;
- Elimination of up to 99% of impurities.
- Separate batches of equipment have dubious build quality.
Geyser Prestige 2 (8 l) with reverse osmosis
Geyser Prestige 2 (8 l) is a household water treatment station that allows you to purify cold water from third-party inclusions. This system carries out 3-stage processing by means of the coal filter. The whole process consists of the following steps:
- Removal of free chlorine.
- Extraction of hardness salts.
- Reverse osmosis treatment.
Water softening by removing excess calcium and minerals.
The service life of the factory cartridge reaches 6000 liters of purified liquid. The storage tank with a capacity of 3 liters allows you to always have access to clean drinking water.
In the user comments there are good reviews about the stable and fast operation of the system, as well as the absence of problems during the entire period of operation.
To carry out the mineralization of the liquid, it is necessary to purchase a special mineralizer. Such a purchase will cost less than the constant purchase of bottled water in the store.
- Economical power consumption;
- Durability of consumables;
- Sufficient tank capacity for a family of 3-4 people.
- Increased consumption of cold water.
Rate the article
Total votes: 0rating: 0
Attention! This rating is subjective, is not an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.