The lack of a juicer is not a reason to abandon the preparation of tomato juice. The cooking will be longer, the trouble will also be added, but the result will please even if it is the first time you have decided on such an adventure. You won’t regret it!
Similar to the topic: Apple juice without a juicer — 4 ways
Tomato juice without a juicer: recipe and cooking nuances
Homemade juice differs from store-bought juice in aroma and taste. In addition, you can be 100% sure of the quality of your product. The only question is the tomatoes and the cooking method.
Choose ripe tomatoes with dense flesh. The meatier they are, the less cooking time is needed. The size is not so important, the main thing is that the vegetables are not rotten. Calculate the proportion, taking into account that 1.5 kilograms of tomatoes yields up to 1 liter of tomato juice.
So that there are no pieces in the juice, remove the skin from the tomatoes at the initial stage of cooking. To do this, they need to be blanched: put in boiling water (80-90 °C), wait 2-3 minutes, pull out and remove the skin. And in order for it to go away better, a cross is cut on top of the stalk before sending it to boiling water.
It is advisable to cut the tomatoes into slices so that they soften faster during cooking. Moreover, how to make tomato juice without a juicer, read below.
As you did not know: How to use a blender: the nuances of using 2 types of choppers
If there is a meat grinder
Old grandmother’s meat grinder or a modern model — it does not matter. If there is a meat grinder with an additional attachment for pulp, the process will speed up many times. If there is none, we will manage without it.
- Tomatoes are washed and cut into parts convenient for twisting, removing the stalk.
- Without a juicer, the tomatoes are twisted in a meat grinder and the mixture is pressed through a sieve or cheesecloth to separate the skin and seeds from the juice. If you use a meat grinder with a special nozzle, there is no need to wipe.
- Pour the mass into a pan. Boil, when it boils, leave on low heat for another twenty minutes. If you want a thicker consistency, you should cook longer.
- It is important to constantly stir so that the bottom does not burn. Salt and other seasonings are added at the end.
- The drink is removed from the heat and immediately poured into sterilized and dried jars.
- They roll up, wrap up warmer and wait for the jars to cool down.
On the topic: 10 best manufacturers of electric meat grinders: we choose the best assistant in the kitchen
Without a meat grinder
You can do without a juicer and a meat grinder if you have a blender or its alternative, a puree. Which method to use is up to you.
Practical, if you plan to close a small volume of juice (up to 5 liters). It will be easier with a stationary blender, the only downside is that you will have to make several approaches (depends on the volume of the blender bowl). The immersion blender is also good, but it will take more time to thoroughly beat the fruits to a uniform consistency.
Preparation of tomato juice without a juicer, using a blender is as follows:
- Wash the ripe fruits, cut off the stalks, rotten and broken edges. Cut into slices.
- Kill. You can immediately in a pan or in small portions in a blender bowl. Pour everything into a saucepan and boil. Reduce power and simmer for fifteen minutes.
- After the juice thickens, twist again with a blender, boil again. Add salt and season to taste.
- Pour into already sterilized jars, tightly twist and wrap. Leave until completely cool.
There is another recipe for making tomato juice without a juicer — pounding tomatoes with a potato masher. Thanks to the use of this simple device, as well as supplementing it with a colander, the tomato drink turns out no worse. The only thing is, it will be thicker. If you first separate the skin, you can preserve something similar to tomato concasse (sauce).
Cooking with a pestle in five stages:
- Wash tomatoes, cut.
- Cook until the fruits become soft.
- Pour the tomatoes into a colander and, using a pestle, mash.
- Bring to a boil, reduce power and cook for another 5-10 minutes. Add salt.
- Pour into jars, preserve hot, wrap and cool.
What is better — a meat grinder or a blender: a comparison of 2 types of equipment
Tomato juice for the winter without a juicer: features and life hacks
Each housewife has her own taste preferences, which is why so many recipes for making tomato juice have been invented. Without a juicer for tomatoes, without a meat grinder, without sterilization and with it. The set of spices is also different. Some add sugar so that there is no sourness. Others add garlic, pepper or dried herbs to make the juice spicy to taste.
Advice! Never use sea salt for preservation, because its high iodine content will prevent the juice from being preserved.
If there are fears that tomato juice may not stand for a long time, it is recommended to add vinegar to each jar. It will act as an additional preservative.
Where and how to properly store homemade products, we will consider in the table:
life hack! If there is not enough space in the pantry or there are no cans for preservation, the drink is poured into bags and frozen. Then this preparation is good for sauces, gravies, borscht and brine.
So it is quite possible to make tomato juice without a juicer and a meat grinder. Experiment and improve your skills!
Informative article: TOP-15 best juicers