In the modern world, not only women, but also men turn to the services of hairdressers. If the representatives of the weaker sex do standard procedures (painting, haircut, styling, perm, etc.), then the representatives of the stronger sex cut their hair bald, remove the length or shave their beards, mustaches. Oddly enough, but men also strive to have a well-groomed appearance. For these purposes, hairdressers use various devices, among which one can distinguish a trimmer and a clipper. For ordinary people, the principle of their work and how specialists choose these devices are not clear. What is the difference between a trimmer and a hair clipper, we will consider in this article.
What is each device
The trimmer is a device that can remove hair from any part of the body. This device allows you to cut, trim, shave and trim. With the latest generation of trimmers, you can take care of beards, mustaches, sideburns and embossed haircuts. But they are unable to «overcome» hard hair, so they will be an excellent option when modeling hairstyles. This unit can be used both independently and as an addition to an electric shaver or clipper.
A clipper is a device for creating haircuts. It is mainly used to shorten hair to the required length. Modern models also allow you to shorten the beard and mustache. This device can be used at home. The machine will perform all the important elements in the process of creating a hairstyle.
In order to create a men’s haircut, it is necessary to use a clipper, the use of which does not require special skills in hairdressing. Before you purchase this device, you need to know that it can be rotary, battery and vibration.
The work of rotary machines is carried out due to the built-in motor. Such units are distinguished by quality and high price, in addition, they can cope with heavy loads.
Vibrating machines are cheaper and are often used at home. The principle of its operation is based on a special vibration coil. Therefore, their work is accompanied by noise. The blades in such machines are non-removable, so caring for it becomes more complicated. Cordless models are quiet, lightweight and compact. The advantage of these models is that they are able to work from the network.
Comparison of the main characteristics
To understand what are the main similarities and differences between a trimmer and a hair clipper, let’s compare their characteristics:
- Weight and size — the trimmer is much lighter and more compact, it can be easily placed in a bag and taken with you on trips. The dimensions of the machine are much larger — it is twice the size of the trimmer, so it will be problematic to place it in your purse.
- Functionality — the machine has much more functions due to the presence of a large number of nozzles and blades, which allows them to make different types of hairstyles at different lengths. The trimmer is best used for delicate haircuts — the device can easily cut the hair in the nose, in the ears, make an intimate haircut, it can cut both dry and wet hair. The trimmer has the capabilities of both a typewriter and a razor, and can be equipped with a backlight.
- Ease of care — care is easier for the trimmer, because its nozzles can be simply rinsed in water, but the blades of the machine require constant lubrication with oil. If this is not done, then she will begin to pull out the hairs, which is accompanied by discomfort and pain.
- Noise — the trimmer, unlike the typewriter, is much quieter.
- Battery consumption — the trimmer is more economical because the charge lasts longer.
- Cost — a clipper is cheaper than trimmers, because the latter have a non-standard configuration.
What is better to choose
It cannot be said that a trimmer or a clipper is better, because the purchase of these two units would be an ideal option. But if you need to make a choice in favor of one of these devices, then you need to clearly understand why it is being purchased. If the purpose of such a purchase is to frequently cut thick and fast-growing hair, then a clipper will be the best option.
For people who want to look stylish and well-groomed, a trimmer is better suited. Basically, this unit is suitable for men who pay tribute to fashion and wear a beard. And special nozzles will help girls monitor their intimate places.
From all of the above, we can conclude that in order to create the best image, it is better to purchase both a trimmer and a clipper. Alternatively, you can purchase sets that are available «2 in 1».
We tried to tell you about the trimmer and the clipper, their differences, purposes and rules of care. We hope that this review will help you make the right choice and better understand this issue.