Among the modern methods of cleaning the oven, a special position is occupied by the method of removing contaminants with steam — hydrolysis. What does she represent? How to carry it out step by step to eliminate pollution, and what to do if food remains are found on the walls after it? You will find answers to questions below.
The principle of hydrolysis treatment
It is not by chance that hydrolysis cleaning of the oven got its name, because it is based on the process of hydrolysis (decay) — a chemical reaction in which substances interact with water, break down and form new compounds. So, the essence of cleaning is as follows:
- Water is poured into a special oven tray, the door is closed, and the appliance is heated to a temperature of 90 ° C.
- When the oven heats up, the water heats up and steam is released from it. It is he who will soften the dried spots of fat and other contaminants.
- The marked fat will drain to the bottom of the oven and must be manually removed after the oven has cooled down, which will take 30-40 minutes.
The inner surfaces of ovens with a steam cleaning method are covered with a special easy-to-clean enamel that is resistant to food acids. Such a protective coating is necessary so that particles of grease and other contaminants do not penetrate inside the oven.
The following video offers a visual demonstration of how the steam cleaning of the oven works:
This function cannot be called automatic, since after it you still have to use a wet wipe. In order to avoid a lot of time and effort, the oven should be cleaned as often as possible, preferably after each cooking.
How to carry out hydrolysis cleaning of the oven?
Hydrolysis cleaning is easy and does not require high energy costs, as in the case of pyrolytic cleaning. The process of removing fat with it includes:
- Remove all trays and guides from the oven.
- Pour water into a special recess at the bottom of the oven. If there is none, then you need to fill a shallow, but wide container with liquid, and place it on the oven grate.
- Add a special gel to the water to enhance the cleaning effect. In most instructions, the volume of water for each model is indicated. On average, up to 1.5 liters of fluid may be required.
- Enable cleaning mode. With it, the oven is heated to temperatures of 50-90 ° C. The choice of this value depends on the model and manufacturer of the oven. After setting a certain temperature, the water turns into a vapor state and softens the dirt that has accumulated on the walls of the oven.
- Wipe the inside of the oven with a paper towel.
If the oven has not been cleaned for a long time, and the fat in it has hardened, you cannot do without a cleaning agent and a sponge.
Functions of hydrolysis cleaning in new ovens
Many modern oven models have a Cleaning function that requires cleaning using additional sprays to replace steam. In this case, cleaning is carried out according to the following instructions:
- The oven heats up to 90 degrees.
- After 15 minutes (by clicking), the oven door opens. It is necessary to treat the walls with oven care spray as quickly as possible and close the door.
- Traces of split fat, spray and liquid are cleaned after the oven has completely cooled down, which will take about 15 minutes.
Modern oven models also have an Aqua Clean cleaning function. Unlike the previous version, it works at a lower temperature. So, for cleaning, you need to fill a baking sheet with 500 ml of water and select the cleaning mode. The oven will heat up to 50 degrees, and cleaning will take place within 30 minutes. At the end of this time, you can open the door and remove the dirt.
Advantages and disadvantages of hydrolysis cleaning
The main advantages of ovens with hydrolysis programs are as follows:
- With regular cleaning, it is quite easy to get rid of various contaminants.
- Hydrolysis saves energy and detergents.
- The Aqua Clean program works at low temperatures — it is enough to heat the oven to 50 ° C. Its duration is only half an hour.
- The «Cleaning» program allows you to deal with difficult fresh stains using a spray to create steam, and the cleaning will take 15 minutes and will be carried out at moderate temperatures — up to 90 ° C.
- The presence of hydrolysis functions does not affect the price of the oven.
The disadvantages of hydrolysis treatment should also be taken into account:
- Complex and old stains on the inner walls of the oven do not split under steam pressure, because they change their structure when they dry. Therefore, in order to remove them, it is necessary to carry out hydrolysis cleaning several times. Even if this does not help, you will have to use a metal sponge, but you need to act as carefully as possible, since you can damage the enamel.
- After cleaning, you will have to manually clean the split fat, and only after the oven has completely cooled down.
- Before cleaning, you need to get the grates, the opponent and the skewer, so they will also have to be washed by hand.
Steam oven cleaning video
The process of hydrolysis cleaning can be viewed on the video:
The hydrolysis method of cleaning ovens is inferior in efficiency to other built-in cleanings, but at the same time it helps to get rid of fat faster if the hostess does not want to scrub them herself. It has been used for a long time not only in ovens, but also in microwave ovens, placing a small container of water on their bottom and maintaining the high temperature for several minutes.
Consultant in the field of household appliances. I help guests of the SovetExpert.ru project to choose the right product and save money when buying. I have an unbiased opinion. Ready for dialogue.